PDA

View Full Version : Best fold for NB?

Codi
12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
What fold did/do you use on your newborn?

crunchymum
12-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Jellyroll. Hands down. :)

The Tickle Momster
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
tri-fold w/ prorap cover or bikini twist w/snappi & meaf cover.

MrsHutch
12-02-2008, 10:34 AM
:cup

HummusDip
12-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Jellyroll.

There is this other fold that I used often too but I don't know the name of it. Basically, you fold each "side" over, so it's just one thick panel. Ly baby on the dipe, then unfold the sides on the back where his bum is, but leave it folded under the crotch and the front. It makes little gussets around where poop might leak. THen I pull the back edges over the snappi it closed in the front, but really really super tight. If I did it tight enough, it would work great. Make sure it's tight around the legs too.

Codi
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah... have not tried the bikini twist! Forgot about that one.

And those that do the jelly roll, do you add in a doubler or anything? Her pee goes straight through a TRI-FOLD! I couldn't imagine only one layer under there. :think

Calliope
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I like the angelwing fold the best. :kiss

Codi
12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
I like the angelwing fold the best. :kiss

Havn't heard of this one AFAIK....off to google :).

Codi
12-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Just googled it! I MUST try that!!

(Kat, I think this is what you were describing... :think

http://diaperpages.com/angel_fold.php

HummusDip
12-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Yup, that's exactly the one.

Are you changing her diaper enough? I'm just asking because a newborns pee shouldn't be very much, ykwim? If you can try to change her after every single pee or bm, that would be best. In the beginning, I did a lot of cover free time so I would know about how often he peed.

Also, cloth diapers just kind of do that. When they get wet, the wetness kind of moves around and the whole thing becomes wet, especially if it sits there for a bit. It's normal for the diaper to feel pretty wet all over. I remember when I first started CDing, I wasn't sure if I was doing it right because I didn't expect the diaper to feel all wet like that, I expected it to SOAK it up more like a disposable.

Yuliana
12-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Jelly roll all the way. Great for holding those watery poops and the blow outs. I also rolled the back for the blowouts.

http://www.littleturtleknits.com/sidewallpf.htm

Codi
12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Yup, that's exactly the one.

Are you changing her diaper enough? I'm just asking because a newborns pee shouldn't be very much, ykwim? If you can try to change her after every single pee or bm, that would be best. In the beginning, I did a lot of cover free time so I would know about how often he peed.

Also, cloth diapers just kind of do that. When they get wet, the wetness kind of moves around and the whole thing becomes wet, especially if it sits there for a bit. It's normal for the diaper to feel pretty wet all over. I remember when I first started CDing, I wasn't sure if I was doing it right because I didn't expect the diaper to feel all wet like that, I expected it to SOAK it up more like a disposable.

:yes I change her after every single pee and/or poop. I refuse to use a cover on her right now. :shrug As long as we are home. She keeps getting a diaper rash with them. :sigh
I have watched her pee many times without anything on her and I am just :jawdrop as to how much she pee she has. Many times a day.

And ITU what you are saying about expecting it to soak it up. :yes I am having to get used to that too.

Oh, and at night, I changer her AT LEAST every 2 hours. She wakes up every 1.5-2 hours to burp and switch sides nursing.

:shrug

pastelsummer
12-02-2008, 01:36 PM
:yes I change her after every single pee and/or poop. I refuse to use a cover on her right now. :shrug As long as we are home. She keeps getting a diaper rash with them. :sigh
I have watched her pee many times without anything on her and I am just :jawdrop as to how much she pee she has. Many times a day.

And ITU what you are saying about expecting it to soak it up. :yes I am having to get used to that too.

Oh, and at night, I changer her AT LEAST every 2 hours. She wakes up every 1.5-2 hours to burp and switch sides nursing.

:shrug

as far as the rash goes I am a big fan of wool for that reason!! DD gets nasty rashes with fabric that are synthetic or non breathable I have heard alot about hemp and am going to try that too. But you may have to invest in some wool covers. I know I finally did that with DD let her runn coverless and then whe I do have to use a cover I use wool. Works WONDERS no rashes what so ever if you need a mam to do it talk to musicmama she does awesome covers and longies.

Codi
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I do have wool...but didn't use it the other night. :doh I think I will just have to stick with the wool because it DOES breathe. :yes Thanks for the reminder!! :heart

pastelsummer
12-02-2008, 02:14 PM
your welcome!!!

emski4379
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Jellyroll.

There is this other fold that I used often too but I don't know the name of it. Basically, you fold each "side" over, so it's just one thick panel. Ly baby on the dipe, then unfold the sides on the back where his bum is, but leave it folded under the crotch and the front. It makes little gussets around where poop might leak. THen I pull the back edges over the snappi it closed in the front, but really really super tight. If I did it tight enough, it would work great. Make sure it's tight around the legs too.

This is what we do too. It works great! I haven't had a blowout yet (or I should say it hasn't gotten her clothes dirty yet). DD had a huge poo today, and her clothes were spotless.