11-15-2008, 01:05 PM
iloveec
iloveec
iloveec
iloveec
iloveec
iloveec

:hearts

Anyone want to share the reasons they currently (or previously?) love EC?

We are still parttime ECers (with CD backups) here, but we get 99% of the poo in the toilet and catch several pees per day. :) I just love ECing. It's going just as it did with Reid, only we started earlier. I hope to have Flynn in undies in the next 6-8 months or so. :woohoo

Our only "issue" so far is that we are still using the BBLP exclusively - I have put him on the "big toilet" with his little seat on top a couple of times, but he's never gone on the big toilet. :shrug3 I'm feeling a little "stuck" to the BBLP, but it's similar to how I felt when we used the tub for the first 8-9 months. :lol

How's it going for everyone else?

Calliope
11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Awesome! We usually only have to do one diaper change per day and only miss 1-2 poos per week. I'm thinking we are within a couple of months of moving to trainer/undies. :rockon

Ang, I actually think using the BBLP is a good thing, because he will be able to put himself on it when he's walking and ready whereas the big toilet will require more assistance (obviously). We've been exclusively using the big toilet for several months now and I'm starting to wonder if that will be a problem later. I hold him over it though. He doesn't like his potty seat. :doh

Iarwain
11-15-2008, 01:31 PM
SOOOOO loving EC! Rosebud is 21 mos and potty-independent pretty consistently most days as long as we're at home and she's bare. If I put a diaper on her she'll often pee in it, although she's beginning to learn how to remove her diaper on her own. Last night I left her with my mom while I was at work - with no diapers (my mom keeps sposies on hand for her). Gramma never bothered putting a diaper on her and she told Gramma every time she needed to go and was still dry when I picked her up. It's really great the way she is now going potty consistently even for other people. The last big hurdle is using foreign potties. She will often sit on them but doesn't like to pee in strange toilets so I have to keep a diaper on her when we go out.

Other awesomeness - my 7 yo JUST got out of pull-ups at night and my 4 yo is still in them. Rosebud has been dry at night since 3 mos and consistently sleeping through without needing to go potty since 9 mos. I am SO HAPPY that I won't have to worry about that for years to come like with all my other kids! I've probably mentioned that a dozen times on here, but I can't say enough about how awesome it is!

peacefullone
11-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I love EC too! though I'm a lazy EC'er lol So I give Danny a few opportunities every so often to potty. It seems to not matter where I offer the pottytuneity. Sometimes he will pee where offer. Though he's never gotten a poo hit in the potty. and I think he lets me know when he's had a mistake in his pants.

mollobe
11-15-2008, 02:08 PM
:sigh
These stories make me so happy to read, but it's not going well here. :( Ever since our vacation in June when we couldn't potty DS very often, he RARELY goes now. If he does it's just a trickle. He's much more interested in trying to get his hands in the water. :yuck If we go diaperless around the house he'll just stand there and watch himself pee on the floor. If I catch him peeing and try to get him to the potty (big or BBLP) he'll just stop going and not start again.
It's totally our fault. I'm too lazy which has made DS too lazy about it. :cry

DancingWithElves
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
These stories make me so happy to read, but it's not going well here. :( Ever since our vacation in June when we couldn't potty DS very often, he RARELY goes now. If he does it's just a trickle. He's much more interested in trying to get his hands in the water. :yuck If we go diaperless around the house he'll just stand there and watch himself pee on the floor. If I catch him peeing and try to get him to the potty (big or BBLP) he'll just stop going and not start again.
It's totally our fault. I'm too lazy which has made DS too lazy about it. :cry

wow, that's pretty much what my ds does. only we are not sure what made him stop :shrug2 It may have been another toddler using his potty... so he feel like it's her now or something? or it may have nothing to do with it at all. but we are ok with it.
next time, i'll start so much younger :yes I just didn't know any better. I would just sit there and wait until ds would pee or poo in the dipe... i know EVERY time it was happening... do did dh. ds son is such a loud pee-er and pooper :giggle so yes, next time around, if we are so blessed.

zak
11-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Aw, Molly. I honestly felt the same way back in June when F stopped pooing every morning. I was so worried that I'd messed up by using the tub or something. He came back around. I know JellyBean went through MANY potty strikes with her PopRocks (he's the same age as Reid). Don't beat yourself up over it. :hugheart

Calliope
11-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Molly - have tried just catching after nap pees? They can't really resist those because, y'know, they really gotta go. :giggle

swimming with sharks
11-17-2008, 12:23 PM
we're still going here...there are days when we use one diaper all day and other days where...not :giggle He's having more solid poops and so it's harder for him to go on the big potty. I tried putting one on the floor so he has his legs under him but that's not going so well. I'm sort of underwhelmed that e wakes up about 4-5 to pee most mornings...like hurray you're peeing in the potty...could we do this in 2-3 hrs? :shrug :lol

crunchymum
11-17-2008, 12:43 PM
subbing to come back later....

Iarwain
11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm sort of underwhelmed that e wakes up about 4-5 to pee most mornings...like hurray you're peeing in the potty...could we do this in 2-3 hrs? :shrug :lol

I wasn't thrilled with that stage either, but I got really good at propping her on the potty in bed without me sitting up. I was so happy when she started being able to hold it until later in the morning!

mollobe
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Molly - have tried just catching after nap pees? They can't really resist those because, y'know, they really gotta go.  :giggle

I tried this yesterday.  He was dry after a LONG nap, so I put him on the potty when he got up - no dice.  I waited a minute (no diaper), offered again - nope.  Waited a few more minutes, offered both potties - nada.  Set him in his high chair for a snack on top of a diaper (not fastened), hoping to offer the potty again soon, but the diaper was wet within a couple minutes.  :doh  :yes2

And I DREAM of catching a poop in the potty these days - this toddler poop is n.a.s.t.y. all squished in a diaper. :yuck  He hasn't pooped in the potty since he was probably 6-7 months old. :/

All this to say, I AM thankful for the time we were successfully ECing!  :yes  I'm just going to stick with it more consistently with our next babe.

SamRose
11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
IDK if Id say I 'love' it, but Im glad we're doing it when we can :)
We started at 1 wk old, and it was so easy to catch most of her poo's, since EBF babies go almost every time they eat. But DS had recently turned 3, and DD1 wasnt yet 2 when baby was born, so I could never give baby enuf full attention all day to EC close to f/t. And once she started pooping less as she got older, she started peeing more often, and we've been missing more often than when we started, which makes me :sigh So does the fact that she used to sleep thru the nite at least 7-8 hrs and stay dry, and never poo'd, since I could usually catch those. Then last month she started waking up 2 -3 times a nite again, being wet or even poopy, and not going right back to sleep. IDK wut happened, but I hope we can get back to where we were (not just for EC sake, but for mommy needing sleep :D ) I wonder if I bring the bblp into the room again and try doing that at the 1st stir if she'd go back to sleep faster :think

AFA how we do it, we just use the big potty. We used to hold her in the sitting position by the thighs over the toilet, but as she got heavier, and the olders always left the potty seat on the toilet anyway, we just started using that. I still use the thigh hold in public restrooms tho ;) Here she is goin potty a few wks ago
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/SamRose/J-onPotty10-29-08.jpg

swimming with sharks
11-18-2008, 04:36 AM
I had to come back.... :O Last night as we were doing bedtime routine, I took the dragonfly's diaper off, he toddled over to the potty set up on the floor, sat down on it, peed, and then got up walked across the bathroom to the diaper box, got another diaper and brought it to me. :clap I looked at dh and said so I just complained today about how the EC was going and I think that was just pretty amazing for our 13 mth old boy (ya know people always say they're harder to PL) :yes I'm just used to it so it doesn't look all that amazing I guess. :O

Calliope
11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
See, I got DS this cushy potty seat and he won't use it. :shrug He starts leaning back and next thing I know that little wee-wee is pointing straight at me and I am afraid of being peed on. :shifty

SamRose
11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Last nite was a no go w/ the BBLP. Is it possible she has become so accustomed to the cushy potty seat that she wont use the hard bblp anymore? I put her on the bblp twice last nite, she wouldnt go either time, then got mad after about 30 seconds. I took her to the big potty after each try, the 1st time she still wouldnt go, but the 2nd time she pee'd, and poo'd a lil, just fine on the big potty after refusing to release on the bblp. I guess Id rather sit on a warm, soft seat than a cold hard one, too :P But Im surprised a baby so young will/can hold it to get to the comfier seat!

Living My Dream
11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Molly i couldve written you reply :(

Calliope
11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
But Im surprised a baby so young will/can hold it to get to the comfier seat!

Hah hah. Yeah, DS is picky about public toilets. Some pass his approval, others do not. He will actually hold it until I find a toilet that is acceptable. It's hilarious. Most of the time, anyway. :shifty

mollobe
11-18-2008, 11:01 AM
This thread is inspiring me to keep trying, BUT, yesterday I let DS run around with no diaper on for a little while.  He peed on the floor 3 times before I gave up and put a diaper back on him.  :(  Every time he started to go I would put the BBLP in front of him, and he would immediately stop peeing. 

This may sound weird, but I even let him watch me pee in the toilet. :shifty I know it looks COMPLETELY different down there, but I was hoping seeing and hearing the pee go in the toilet would help him understand.  The whole time I was talking to him about going potty.  He was very interested, but I'm not sure he really gets it.  He's probably too young for that, eh?  He does like to copy us with things like brushing teeth and combing hair, so I was hoping for the same outcome.  :/

Calliope
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
:think How are you *feeling* when you are trying to get him to pee? Are you anxious? He may be reading your body language and tensing up himself. EC is about relaxing and letting go. Trying making him giggle before you want him to pee. Zerbert his tummy. Anything you can do to make him relax first.

SamRose
11-18-2008, 11:18 AM
This thread is inspiring me to keep trying, BUT, yesterday I let DS run around with no diaper on for a little while. He peed on the floor 3 times before I gave up and put a diaper back on him. :( Every time he started to go I would put the BBLP in front of him, and he would immediately stop peeing.

This may sound weird, but I even let him watch me pee in the toilet. :shifty I know it looks COMPLETELY different down there, but I was hoping seeing and hearing the pee go in the toilet would help him understand. The whole time I was talking to him about going potty. He was very interested, but I'm not sure he really gets it. He's probably too young for that, eh? He does like to copy us with things like brushing teeth and combing hair, so I was hoping for the same outcome. :/

My kids have gone into the bathroom with us from the time they can walk (I dont care for crawling on the bathroom floor, bleh! And Im too lazy to wash their hands every time if they did :P ) I dont know if it has anything to do w/ how & when the learn to use the potty, tho. :shrug3 I do know that ds sat down to pee for about 3 days b4 watching daddy and deciding that his way was better, so we had to get a stool ASAP, lol.

mollobe
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM
My kids have gone into the bathroom with us from the time they can walk

Yeah, us too, but this time I actually told him to watch. I would normally have my legs more closed. :shifty Gosh it sounds almost vulgar written down. :blush

SamRose
11-18-2008, 01:01 PM
My kids have gone into the bathroom with us from the time they can walk

Yeah, us too, but this time I actually told him to watch. I would normally have my legs more closed. :shifty Gosh it sounds almost vulgar written down. :blush

Hahaha, no it doesnt, I totally KWYM! Ive showed my kids the pee stream comin outta me in the past, too :)

zak
11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
No, Molly, that's how they learn. :tu It's ok, really. We know what you mean. :hug