PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for a clothesline solution

Heather Micaela
09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
I have tried stinging a line from one end of my patio to the other (We have a stucco wall that stick out from the building about 3 feet on each side). I went to the trouuble to buy a mortar drill bit and anchor screws and I put in eye screws to tie the line to. I spent about $7 total. It worked one day then today The whole thing fell out of the wall and into the dirt :mad

I NEED a way to dry the diapers. over the shower edge wont work
1) they dont dry well that way
2)That is not enough room for the volume of diapers I am drying (About 10 a day)

It appears that putting anyting into the wall will not work, but the eaves overhang the patio, so if someone has an idea using it, I am all ears. My patio is about 20 feet long

I am willing to spend good money on this since I spent zero on my stash and I would save so much overall.Otherwise I wast money in the laundromat or go back to sposies :(
And the quicker I

StumblinMama
09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Have you tried the wooden drying wracks? Not the kind for sweaters, but the ones that stand up and have dowel rods that go across to hang the clothes on? Last I checked they were about $8 at Walmart. I think 1 would hold 10 dipes.

Mert
09-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a metal one similar to the one Cassie was describing, and it would definitely work for 10 dipes. I like it b/c I can load it up inside at the machine and then cart it out. If it starts to rain, it can come in just as easily and finish indoors. It also folds up when not in use. Very similar to this one (but not as nice)... http://www.stacksandstacks.com/expandable-drying-rack/130/2587/

Heather Micaela
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
a drying rack is a good idea
I havent seen any at wal-mart though

Knittingmom
09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I agree on a drying rack, I think I'm putting a line up in my bathroom too though, one of those retractable ones. That's where my washer is.

doubleblessings
09-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Do you have somewhere that you could hang an extra shower curtain rod (or two)? They will usually go between 3 and 5 feet.

4MKfam
09-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Have you tried the wooden drying wracks? Not the kind for sweaters, but the ones that stand up and have dowel rods that go across to hang the clothes on? Last I checked they were about $8 at Walmart. I think 1 would hold 10 dipes.

It's a longshot, but I found one at goodwill :shrug.

Heather Micaela
09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks all. I ended up getting one at Bed Bath and Beyond for 9.99.
That is less than a pack of diapers. :)

doubleblessings
09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Not sure how much you can/want to spend, but here are a few options:
Free standing rack/line (would work outdoors) $39 (free shipping to your Walmart)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9730040

Sit on the tub rack $34
http://www.amazon.com/Richards-Folding-Over-Tub-Drying-Rack/dp/B000KFVLDK/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1222368557&sr=1-16

Linen N things has a wood drying rack for $13 online, not sure if they have them in the stores.

doubleblessings
09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Opps, see you already got one.

Heather Micaela
09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Opps, see you already got one.

I will keep that other outdoor one in mind for when I have more $$ thanks

That tub one is nifty but I dont think it will work w/ our shower door

Lavender Lily
09-25-2008, 12:09 PM
the free standing rack is cool. I'm considering getting one myself. We do have a clothes line out back but the thing is we have fire ant hills and chiggers back there so I risk getting bit somehow. But we have a pretty good size drive way that would easily fit that into it once or twice a week. :think