PDA

View Full Version : Kushies?

Littledisciples
05-29-2008, 06:20 PM
What do you all think of those diapers. I see wal-mart sells them a 5 pack for 42 dollars. :think Not my favorite store to support but it is a good deal. Considering that would put them around $8.50 brand new. Although if I look around used I can get them just as cheap or cheaper for a better brand. :shrug I am loving pocket diapers. Really loving them. Thinking maybe next month of buying more. Not sure yet. :shrug So let me know what you think? If that is worth it or not. I currently have two pocket diapers of my own, and I am getting 10 more from a GCM mom so I would have 12 total. If I could get a five pack that would set me at 17. :think Most sites recommend 10-30 for toddlers. With all the vists and emotional things going on with DD (who is foster). I don't see her being fully trained tell the adpoption is complete. Its one of those battles I just don't want to fight. KWIM. :shifty She is no where ready at night yet. So they would be a good investment. I am just trying to figure out would it be best to get those or just wait and get more on GCM? Or make them is another option. Hummm Advise , Imput anything. Ok you ladies are the only support I have in this area. :giggle

BeckaBlue
05-29-2008, 06:53 PM
haven't had experience with them myself, but haven't really heard good things from many people. doesnt mean you wont love em though...i love bumkins ao's and lotsa ppl hate em :lol

ncsweetpea
05-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I recently got a great deal on a Kushies AIO and a Fuzzi Bunz...and the winner is...Fuzzi Bunz. The Kushies has a very narrow crotch (at least in the size large) and takes forever and ever to get fully dry. But I so wanted to like the Kushies better due to price...

2sunshines
05-30-2008, 05:00 AM
First off, Kushies aren't pockets. They are aio's. Just wanted to be clear on that. ;)

I have rarely heard a good thing about Kushies. Honestly, I'd avoid them. Stick with what has been more universally effective for people.

Yuliana
05-30-2008, 05:08 AM
I didn't like them.

Mama Bird
05-30-2008, 05:13 AM
They felt crispy to me after some time. Not as soft and pliable as the FuzziBunz do. I also felt that the crotch was too narrow, and they took a long time to dry.

illinoismommy
05-30-2008, 06:43 AM
I will give them my compulsory thumbs down. I sold mine for really cheap.

Forsynthianicki
05-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I was given 5 kushies aio's by a mom my dh works with that decided cding wasn't for her. I don't love them but don't hate them either. They are not bad but they take a long time to dry. I actually like that they are narrower through the crotch and I havn't had a problem with them leaking. My dh is at the small end of the weight range for the large and they don't fit him really well in the waist. They did feel crisp for a while but I have noticed them softening up the last few times I have washed them. I havn't tried any other aio's or pockets to compare them to, I usually use flats or prefolds. I don't think they would be bad to try if you got a really good deal on them but if you can buy some that you know you like for close to the same price I would get the ones you know work for you.

2sunshines
05-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Yea, free, I'd use them. :yes $8.50 each? Nope. :no You can usually get a really nice pocket diaper if you're willing to go used for that price.

JessicaTX
05-30-2008, 07:53 AM
I think that's what I used with my first. Except they weren't all in ones, they were fitteds and covers. I really liked the covers, and often used prefolds in them. But i'm not seeing that option on walmart site. Hmm..maybe it wasn't kushies that I used :P Whatever it was I bought at walmart 13 years ago lol. So my opinion probably isn't valid anymore.

Littledisciples
05-30-2008, 09:01 AM
First off, Kushies aren't pockets. They are aio's. Just wanted to be clear on that. ;)

I have rarely heard a good thing about Kushies. Honestly, I'd avoid them. Stick with what has been more universally effective for people.

Yeah I know thats one thing that stops me from getting them is that they are a AIO. I prefer pocket dipes. :yes

Moon
05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Thumbs down from me, especially if they aren't free. They're not very absorbant, they didn't hold loose poo, Moose's tees were forever falling in the front and getting soaked and forget putting a onesie over them. Adding a doubler made a bigger gap between the diaper and his thigh, and he was a chunk.