PDA

View Full Version : I'm here b/c Daddy is putting DD to sleep!

Ellen
02-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I haven't really participated in this forum much, but wanted to share my story because it makes me happy :)

DD is around 27 months and for most of her life has nursed to sleep. Now that #2 is on the way, we've been working to change things. I started nightweaning her soon after I learned I was pregnant, and I was surprised at how easily she accepted the idea that Mommy's milk goes to sleep at night. The next step was for Daddy to put her to sleep some of the time. He's been taking a turn now and then for maybe a month. The first few times, there were lots of tears, and it was very hard for me to hear her calling for Mommy. But recently, he's been able to put her to sleep with no fuss. He has a clear routine--read four books, lights out, and then he lays with her until she goes to sleep. I think he usually rubs her hands or her feet. Tonight he asked her, "Who do you want to put you to bed?" and she said, "Daddy!" I love it! :rockon The next step is to get a twin bed for her room and start putting her to sleep in there.

milkmommy
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
:heart :heart

Deanna