PDA

View Full Version : I feel like my almost 1 year old is trapping us at home...

illinoismommy
02-04-2008, 01:23 PM
She's down to one nap now at noon. If we go out in the morning, and then drive home at naptime she sleeps just enough in the car that she won't go back to sleep, I can't transfer her because she wakes up as soon as I stop the car, and for the rest of the afternoon she's crabby and tired..... if I wait until after her nap, its too late because its already approaching dinner especially with the long drive we have. Just :banghead

WI Mama05
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
My little one is like that too. I found myself talking to her and trying to keep her awake yesterday on the way home from church because I wanted to get a good nap out of her. 15 minutes is NOT a good nap :shifty. I'm always planning our days around her nap. It's frustrating.

SamsMama
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I hear you! I feel totally trapped at home too. Dd still takes a morning nap until 11:30 and then ds goes down for his afternoon nap at 1:00 and by the time dd is down to one nap the new baby will be here. :td At least today we got outside for a walk. We just can't go anywhere in the car. Good for my budget but not for my spirit!
When ds was transitioning to 1 nap and we would go somewhere in the car in the morning I can remember doing everything I could to keep him awake on the drive home so he would take a good nap in his crib. I even resorted to feeding him cheetos one by one once. Not the best tactic, I know, but it did work.

illinoismommy
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I hear you! I feel totally trapped at home too. Dd still takes a morning nap until 11:30 and then ds goes down for his afternoon nap at 1:00 and by the time dd is down to one nap the new baby will be here. :td At least today we got outside for a walk. We just can't go anywhere in the car. Good for my budget but not for my spirit!
When ds was transitioning to 1 nap and we would go somewhere in the car in the morning I can remember doing everything I could to keep him awake on the drive home so he would take a good nap in his crib. I even resorted to feeding him cheetos one by one once. Not the best tactic, I know, but it did work.

I remember doing this too.... but Maya is rear facing and behind me in a van.... I can't reach her or see her or anything

abbiroads
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I was watching an 11mo and I felt the same way. If we left she wouldn't nap enough and be crabby and if we didn't go anywhere the other two were crabby.

Codi
02-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh I totally feel ya! Those 15-20 min naps do nothing but make mine grumpier! LOL

LUCKILY, if mine falls asleep on the way home, I can get him in the house still sleeping! :rockon MOST OF THE TIME!

Its when were from one place to another and he falls asleep between places that gets me!

I think it will pass. Just another one of those things that happens. I think you just have to stick it out at home, or go do what needs to be done. Mine gets grumpy if we are in the house too much. So...LOL. I HAVE to go out even if it means he might get a late nap.

EmJo
02-06-2008, 11:12 AM
She's down to one nap now at noon. If we go out in the morning, and then drive home at naptime she sleeps just enough in the car that she won't go back to sleep, I can't transfer her because she wakes up as soon as I stop the car, and for the rest of the afternoon she's crabby and tired..... if I wait until after her nap, its too late because its already approaching dinner especially with the long drive we have. Just :banghead

:hug2

I can relate...