PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! Eva just came down with stomach flu--

jenny_islander
01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
--and she still nurses to sleep at bedtime!

I've never had to deal with this. Any tips on helping this poor kid who can't have any booby tonight?

OneSillyMommy
01-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Well I would still nurse her- she needs all the nutrients your milk has as well as the comfort you bring- just drape you both with a towel, or blanket and have a bowl or bucket handy.
:heart :pray4 :hugheart

expatmom
01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Well I would still nurse her- she needs all the nutrients your milk has as well as the comfort you bring- just drape you both with a towel, or blanket and have a bowl or bucket handy.
:heart :pray4 :hugheart

:yes Breastmilk is digested quickly, so she will still get benefit from the breastmilk. If she is used to an extended nurse you may want to limit it a bit so her tummy isn't overwhelmed. I know when my dd2 had a tummy bug recently, she needed to nurse frequently for short times or else she would throw up.

Blue Aurora
01-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I usually just nurse through a stomach bug. I keep towel beside us and under us as we sleep and switch out the towel after he gets sick. :hug2 Stomach stuff is no fun.

jenny_islander
01-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, we were up all night with her because she did keep throwing up in her sleep, but she's up and toddling, quite chirpy in fact, and just produced a diaper that has to be on my Top Five life list. :sick

Just a twelve-hour bug. Whew!