PDA

View Full Version : Where do you dtd? (for those that have the family bed)

Yuliana
01-11-2008, 12:40 PM
So many people tell me that kids are not meant to be in the bed w/ the parents because mom and dad need their own space blah blah blah.

For those that believe in the family bed and have older children, how do you do it?

I am a single mom so I don't know much.

Heather Micaela
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
This is public so, not saying to much :shifty

Ususal options:
Though kids fall asleep with parents their room can still have a bed. Parents could transfer them there when they fell asleep or the parents could go in there.

Make use of other rooms: living rooms, shower, wherever

Let the kids fall asleep on the couch watching a movie, dtd in the bedroom, then bring the kids to bed.

Yuliana
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I want people to answer, where do you think I should ask?

Heather Micaela
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
any private board

Yuliana
01-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Ok, I xposted it here
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=153225.0

jenny_islander
01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
1. Babies and young toddlers sleep very, very soundly when they do sleep and their night wakings tend to happen at the same time every night. Some older preschoolers do as well. (Funny story from an autobiography of a man who started out in a poor village in China: Being the youngest, he always slept between his parents for warmth. Every morning, his mother's hairpins would all be on his father's pillow. Every night, he resolved that this time he would stay awake long enough to figure out how they got there.)

2. Sometimes, hypnotizing your children with a cartoon can be a good thing. :P~

Codi
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I dont mind it being public. Maybe someone not so family bed friendly will see it and change their mind! :smile

You have MANY MANY options. I think it makes the sexual relationship between a couple BETTER than if they didnt have a child in the bed. Who wants to :heart in BED every single time? LOL As a matter of fact, my DH and I havnt :heart in the bed since we had ds!! LOL Its WAY more exciting having to come up with places to do it! People are always telling couples they need to SPICE UP their sex life, well....this takes CONSTANT creativity!!!

A SHORT list of the MULTITUDE of possiblities....

the bathroom
the kitchen
the dining room
the stairs
the floor
the car
the couch
the recliner
the _______

ANYWHERE!!!!!!

Babies sleep SOUNDLY! Mine has NEVER woken up do to hearing us or anything!

It really doesnt take much creativity! WHerever you are!!

SweetMelissa
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Almost always the couch. We need to get more creative! :O

We have also done the kids sleeping on the couch and we take the bed thing.

Yuliana
01-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Love it :giggle

NovelMama
01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
We still dtd in bed sometimes. We make sure dd is moved as far to the other side of the bed as possible, and she's never woken up! :) 'Course we have two twin beds pushed together, so movement on one bed doesn't make the other bed move, so that helps. If we don't do it there we do it downstairs in the living room somewhere. :giggle