PDA

View Full Version : So some WWYD

Psyche
12-29-2007, 03:01 PM
DS has been sleeping in his crib in our room for months now. Once we nightweaned, he mostly slept through the night. Or so I thought. I've been waking up around 5 ish the past few mornings to hearing him talking in his crib. He ends up falling back asleep b/c he doesn't ask to get up until 7. SHould I make anything of this? Get him in our bed? Leave him alone since he is content?

We were also talking about putting him in his own room now that he is mostly sleeping through the night, but I'm nervous about that. We have a monitor and everything, but it makes me so nervous! Am I being completely ridiculous? I think he'd handle it okay, but I'm not sure I'll sleep well with him being in another room.

Naked Camper
12-29-2007, 03:07 PM
If it were me, if DS was not upset about being in the crib awake and it was still "night time" then I'd leave him be. If there was no reason to suspect his bedroom be unsafe, then I think you're fine to move him - but be flexible about it.

Our DS comes to our bed when he wakes b/c he's upset. if he'd stay in his bed and play content, then I'd leave him as long as he's content.

loveberry
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd let him be if he isn't calling out. Maybe he likes his early solitude thinking time.

I hear you on separate rooms, though, it IS hard. Alex is 9 and I still really prefer to have him sleeping where I can wake up, check him out, and crash again without lifting my head from the pillow. :giggle

tree_hugger
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I often hear DS3 chatting away to himself in his cot, usually after a nap. I will usually leave him until he calls out (he is nearly two years old) and then go get him.

:heart

Meli
01-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I agree on leaving him if he is happy :) On the other hand, I would be cautious about moving him now while he is happy and settled, but still waking, at night/early morning. He might not just chat and resettle in a "strange" room without you nearby. Maybe try him in there for daytime sleeps for a while first?