PDA

View Full Version : There were 5 in the bed and the momma said

The Tickle Momster
12-27-2007, 08:33 AM
"I'm crowded, roll over. So they all rolled over and dad fell out"

That is how things have been the last few weeks. I finally put a sleeping bag on the floor for dd2 (6). And some nights she'll sleep there willingly. Last night was NOT one of those nights.

When everyone is in our bed it's daddy, ds (5), dd1, me, dd2 in crib side car. I end up with 2 kiddos using me as a pillow or kicking bag. Last night dd2 came in and said she didn't want to sleep on the floor, she was tired of sleeping alone. I said ok, not wanting a crying child in the middle of the night. Should not have done that! :no2 Ds ended up sideways with dd1 using him as a pillow. Dd2 was using me as a pillow.

How do I get dd1 to sleep in the sleeping bag when she doesn't want to? Preferably without her crying about it and waking everyone up. :shrug

Psyche
12-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Could your DS also sleep down there with her? Maybe they'd do better with company?

Aisling
12-27-2007, 08:35 AM
:giggle and :hugheart

Yuliana
12-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I think sleeping bags are uncomfortable. Why don't you put an extra mattress on the floor or get a twin bed and flush it w/ your bed.

klpmommy
12-28-2007, 08:57 AM
:hug :giggle

We have 5 in the bed sometimes, too. W/o fail either dh or I leave & go to the kids' room. Sometimes both of us. :lol It is esp hard b/c P is an acrobatic sleeper, E & P both want to touch me & S is nursing. Now they are only allowed in the bed with us right around wake up time.

The Tickle Momster
12-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I think sleeping bags are uncomfortable. Why don't you put an extra mattress on the floor or get a twin bed and flush it w/ your bed.

I would, but there's really not that much room. The kids don't mind the sleeping bag so much as not being rightnextomom&dad. ;)

Yuliana
12-28-2007, 09:45 AM

I would, but there's really not that much room. The kids don't mind the sleeping bag so much as not being rightnextomom&dad. ;)

Ah ok because my son hates his.

The Tickle Momster
12-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Tried something new last night. Told dd she could get into our bed after 6AM. She can read the digital clock in our room. She was fine with that. I like to get up around 6 -6:30. I'll just have to hang out and snuggle her for a few minutes before getting up.