PDA

View Full Version : Noisy infant - can't co-sleep

Calliope
12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
My newborn is such a noisy sleeper, it is unreal. I'm talking constant LOUD squeaks, hiccups, groans, grunts, etc. DH and I are trying to co-sleep (and/or use our co-sleeper) but we just can't sleep through his noise. He seems really content and happy and secure, so I'm tempted to start putting him in his crib for our sake. I don't think he'll mind, as he never cries when I put him down even when he's awake and doesn't seem to care if he's next to me or in his co-sleeper or in the next room when he's sleeping.

Has anyone else had to do this? Or dealt with this problem in another way? It sort of ruins my attachment parenting ideal but I don't know what else to do.

luvinmykidz
12-06-2007, 01:50 PM
You need to do what works best for your family :yes It doesn't mean you can't be AP just because you don't co sleep :hug2

Six Little Feet
12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
You need to do what works best for your family :yes It doesn't mean you can't be AP just because you don't co sleep :hug2

Exactly. Sweetie just because your beautiful baby does not co sleep you can still be AP. There is so much more to it than where a baby sleeps.

illinoismommy
12-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Is his crib in your room? I would use the crib, but not in another room. Of course you probably know that since we don't cosleep either but you're right that right now they don't have a preference

zak
12-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Would some white noise help drown him out? A fan or some classical music or something?

Just a thought. :) :hug

LadybugSam
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM

:yes Also, IF you still want to try, white noise sounds like a good idea :)

rstump
12-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Do what works best and be open to going back. Babies change...almost every few days. Cosleeping may not work right now but once he "wakes" up more than it may go back to being easier. So just stay flexiable.

AP is about so much more than cosleeping. Keep trying new things and figure out what works....even if that changes....daily. LOL

Calliope
12-07-2007, 07:43 AM
The crib is in another room and I just couldn't have him that far away from me. Not yet. I was all set to do it last night and couldn't. DH said he didn't mind being awakened by the baby noises, so we took him into our room again. He slept half the night in the co-sleeper and then came into bed with us. I slept pretty well, so either he wasn't as noisy last night or I'm getting used to it.

zak
12-08-2007, 09:37 AM
:rockon That's great. :)

klpmommy
12-08-2007, 09:47 AM
S is loud. :yes She smacks when eating, too. I suspect she is going to slurp her soup when she gets older. :giggle We run a fan for white noise & that helps a ton. But some nights she is louder than others.

illinoismommy
12-08-2007, 09:49 AM
they're all so noisy... its so cute.... I can't wait to have a noisy newborn again ... oh wait yes I can, I'm getting more sleep now :lol

zak
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
they're all so noisy... its so cute.... I can't wait to have a noisy newborn again ... oh wait yes I can, I'm getting more sleep now :lol

:snooty I'm not listening! :P~

Calliope
12-08-2007, 12:27 PM
S is loud. :yes She smacks when eating, too.

Oh my goodness, Reed does this too. He also hums a little ditty while nursing. (I call it "The Booby Song" - my husband hates this. :giggle) I had no idea babies were so loud and I haven't even included all the burping and farting. :)

SamRose
12-08-2007, 12:39 PM

ditto!
U could move the crib into yer room, or set up a pack-n-play w/ bassinet. Then the baby isnt bein noisy RIGHT next 2 U, but U can still hear and be near when it's time 2 bring him 2 bed to nurse. We've had 2 babies, and sleeping arrangements have been completely different w/ them both, cuz we did wut was best for each of them. But they're both equally loved and attached ;)

crunchymum
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
S is loud. :yes She smacks when eating, too.

Oh my goodness, Reed does this too. He also hums a little ditty while nursing. (I call it "The Booby Song" - my husband hates this. :giggle) I had no idea babies were so loud and I haven't even included all the burping and farting. :)

:laughtears my kids totally did the booby song thing! :lol