PDA

View Full Version : Yawn

CapeTownMommy
12-05-2007, 02:52 AM
I know many of you are much worse off, but I just need to complain for a second. I'm at work, it's just before noon, I have bucketloads of work to do today, and I've been up since 2:30am! Yep, dd just started walking and we're back to the 2am wake-ups, which is fine. I was expecting it. Except this time, she refused to go back to sleep unless she's in my arms. Dh took over from me after the first two hours so I could get some sleep, and she screamed as if he was torturing her. I got back up and took her, and she calmed down immediately. So I sat up from 2:30 to 6:30 when she woke for the day, while she was sleeping. :yawn

Thank God for coffee, anyway. And here's hoping tonight will be better, we're in the middle of a HUGE project at work and it needs to be done before I can go on leave for Christmas! I can't afford to be unproductive and tired at work now!

expatmom
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
:yawn I hope you all have better sleeps tonight!

Mother Duck
12-05-2007, 04:02 AM
:yawn :pray2 you get better sleep tonight :hug2

illinoismommy
12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
who watches her during the day? I haven't had any all nighters because of learning new skills, but I definitely have noted that as they grow older and need less sleep if they get too long to sleep during the day it really effects night time sleep.... a small adjustment to naps and everythings fine again...

Weezie
12-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I have so btdt- just this week as a matter of fact. :yawn

CapeTownMommy
12-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Her daytime sleep is not entirely consistent from day to day, and I've rarely seen that it has much impact on her nighttime sleep. Except that if she sleeps really badly during the day she seems to struggle at night too, totally counterintuitive for me!

We've had two good nights now, but each time she REALLY struggled to fall asleep. The last 2 nights we've had to go for a drive in the car to get her to sleep, something I always said I would avoid at all costs :O. At least she didn't want to play in the middle of the night, and I got some proper sleep, but it's really hard having her cry and cry and cry at bedtime! She was fed, dry, had pain meds in case it's teething, she was in my arms the whole time (she cries when daddy tries to put her to sleep most nights). So I'm really :scratch at what was bothering her. All we could think was that she's too hot (it's summer here!) but she refused to be put down and would squirm while held.

Sigh.