PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about this

Hopeful
12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
DS2 is a week old and as much as I desperately want to co-sleep with both DS1 and DS2 the reality is that newborn noises wake DS1 and then I have 2 babies wanting to nurse at once - I've tried but I've not yet mastered the skill of tandem nursing lying down.

So I have been sleeping with DS2 in one room while DH sleeps with DS1 in the family bed and DH sees to DS1 at night.

Some nights aren't too bad but others I can hear DS1 calling for me and getting very upset that I'm not there.

Do you think DS1 will be OK and gradually get used to Daddy at night and not Mummy?

I feel guilty not being there for him.

MarynMunchkins
12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
:hug2 I think that a child being left alone with someone they know and trust is fine no matter how much they complain about it. He'll be ok. :)

Ima LeShalosh
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
:hug2 I think that a child being left alone with someone they know and trust is fine no matter how much they complain about it. He'll be ok. :)

:yes

CapeTownMommy
12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
I also wanted to ask about this. Dd is 13 months and just beginning to assert herself. And it normally takes the form of wanting mommy, and just mommy, and all the time. This gets really hard for me sometimes - I can't even go to the bathroom without her screaming for me. So I have sometimes let me husband keep her while I do what I need to do, even though she cries.

So thanks for your comment, Mary, it helps.