PDA

View Full Version : cold & co-sleeping

lovejesus
11-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey, I have had a cough and last night everytime I coughed my dd woke up and wanted to latch on. I feel bad for waking her up so much but I don't think she would be happy in another bed. Do you think shes suffering from sleep deprivation? :think

tree_hugger
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm sure she'll be fine. Babies can catch up any sleep they need during naps. :yes

I hope you're feeling better soon. Its so hard being sick and being a mama at the same time! :hugheart

kikidee
11-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Also wanted to add that I had a cough awhile back and my ped's office said that Robitussin CM (? maybe CF.. I will try to clarify that and edit later) would be find to take while nursing. Something like only .01% would get into my BM to DD.

Feel better soon!! Coughs are no fun. :(

mybodymyself
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM
:hugheart :pray4 :hugheart :pray4 :hugheart :pray4 about your cold and hope you feel better soon.

:ty

tree_hugger
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Also wanted to add that I had a cough awhile back and my ped's office said that Robitussin CM (? maybe CF.. I will try to clarify that and edit later) would be find to take while nursing. Something like only .01% would get into my BM to DD.

Some medications are not safe to take while co-sleeping, even if they are not contraindicated for brestfeeding.

If they make you drousy or claim to aid in helping you sleep, you should consider not co-sleeping while taking them.

:hugheart

lovejesus
11-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks cough is gone and were sleeping better except she has the sniffles now