PDA

View Full Version : Ages of co-sleepers...

Dandelion
11-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I am curious about how long we allow our kids to co-sleep. In our family our oldest co-slept until 5+, but our second son only until about 2 and half. Our daughter is still in our bed, although she would rather have a "playroom campout" with her brothers. A friend of mine was still co-sleeping with her 3 kids 11, 8, and 6 last I heard. How about your families?

loveberry
11-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Alex moved out of the family bed when he was 7 and a half. It was so easy and smooth it was obvious he was ready for it.

He falls asleep with me maybe once every few months. I don't mind at all, I kinda miss the snuggles actually.

MaiasKnittingMama
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Maia moved out when she was about 7. Now at 11, she will still often come to visit if she wakes up at night, or if she's sad, or if she's not feeling well etc.

MamaCare
11-21-2007, 12:00 AM
DS 1 and 2 co-slept w/us till they were 4 and 2-ish, I think. Then they'd go to sleep in their room (same bed) but often ds 2 would come into our room/bed upon mid-night waking. That lasted till he was 5-ish, I think. DD (just turned 3) is in her toddler bed sideways at the bottom of our bed, DS 3 is in bed w/us. DD has only recently been staying in her bed *all* night! (If she does wake more fully, she crawls up and joins us.) I figure we'll probably try moving these two out together when they're around 5 & 2... if they're ready. :heart

cindergretta
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
I voted but don't want to "explain" b/c this is a public forum.... better go check my other post! That might be public, too. :doh

tree_hugger
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
We don't co-sleep fulltime with any of our children anymore, but they all usually come into our room at some point during the night. The six and four year olds go to mattresses on the floor and the toddler comes into our bed.

So that is a long way to say, I didn't answer the poll because I don't know if the options apply to us. :O

milkmommy
11-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Well again really hard to answer.. We "coslept/ side carred" till around 8/9 months and co roomed till she was about two. Whne we moved here at 22 months she got her own room loved it and that offically ended our offical co-room situation. However shes still welcomed in our room and will still on accasion come in sometims for just a part of a night sometimes for a few weeks at a time :shrug

Deanna