PDA

View Full Version : help me troubleshoot nighttime leak w/ wool

klpmommy
10-31-2007, 08:58 AM
:nak2

last night i put s in a kissaluv 0 as always, then her wool longies from ttl. first time to wear the longies. i normally put a doubler inat night, but didn't last night. thr diaper was totally covered. at 4am her gown was soaked, so i changedher. the wool was dry, the kissaluv soaked.

what did i do wrong? was it that i didn't use a doubler? i thought the wool made that unnecessary. or did i need to tighten the waist more? or should i relanolizethe longies?

blessedwithboys
10-31-2007, 09:34 AM
My guess is that you needed the doubler. Most babies are peeing right through a KL0 at S's age. That doubler becomes essential!

Wool is only as good as the diaper under it. ;) Though, there's no chance her nightgown snuck into the waistband is there?

2sunshines
10-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Wool is only as good as the diaper under it.

:yes You still need good absorbency under the wool. Do you rely on the wool to absorb, even though it WILL absorb excess moisture. So I'd stick the doubler in. A kissaluv is pretty thin for a nighttime dipe. You might want to consider a different fitted at nighttime.

However, I do think that something else is going on... You said the wool was dry but everything else was wet, right? That shouldn't happen. Was her pjs tucked in somewhere so that they were touching the diaper? That can make the moisture wick into the pj's and could cause that. :think

Moon
10-31-2007, 11:40 AM
My guess is she already had the diaper soaked, then peed again, which ran right through the wool to the gown. Beefing up the absorbancy should fix it. :)

klpmommy
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
so what kind of fitted at night would be better? The only time I use the kissiluvs right now is at night (with a doubler except for last night) & when I am out of prefolds. I love my prefolds, but they don't seem to work as well as night- they are just so bulky by the time I add the doubler that the covers don't fit well at all.

I don't think the nightgown got caught in the wool, but it was dark, I was asleep, who knows? That is why I was wondering if I should relanolize the longies b/c maybe there is a "gap" in them?

2sunshines
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
I have used the following fitteds at night with great success:

dream eze
peewell
cub covers
black bird lane

I have also used prefolds at night with great success, however, like you said, they are more bulky than a good fitted. :yes