PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzi Bunz leak on right side at night

erinwtx
10-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I bought 6 fuzzi bunz and 2 bumkins for DS. He is 14 months old and seems to fit well in the size large. I thought DD might try them out too, but she just recently potty trained :heart :rockon :rockon so I just use a pull up for her at night.

Anyway, they are both just great during the day. At night, however, (and we have only gone 2 nights) they seem to leak out of the side at the top. So I just go ahead and put on a disposable since they don't leak. I have an extra super soaker in there so I don't know what the problem is. :shrug

Should I put them on more tightly at night? Any advice would be appreciated.

2sunshines
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
How are they leaking? Is perhaps part of his pj's creeping in the side of the diaper and the moisture wicking up them?

Is the insert saturated in the morning? Could it perhaps be that there is just not enough absorbency? Have you tried doubling up the inserts?

erinwtx
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
He had elastic waistband pants over the diaper. I went in his room to recover him about 2 hours after he went to bed and felt that just the right side of his pants and the diaper were totally wet. I did put in an extra insert. But it was on a part of the diaper the insert doesn't cover. I am thinking maybe he was on his side and when he peed it went to the right due to gravity, and there wasn't an insert there to cover it.

Maybe I should fasten the top tighter at night? :shrug

I am also having to get used to feeling to see if his diaper is wet w/o just being able to squeeze the outside and feel how much water is in the diaper beads! Always a new adventure! :smile

2sunshines
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
You could try it. :yes I've heard that people have had problems with pockets leaking out the sides because of the gravity thing. If your baby is a side sleeper, you might want to consider a different method for nighttime diapering.

For the changing thing, it was definitely an adjustment for me. I was so used to just feeling the diaper's bulge to know when it was wet. I've learned to change by the clock and/or just feel in the side/top of the diaper for wetness.

blessedwithboys
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I'd fasten tighter for night. Their tummies get "skinnier" in the night so I've even had to do sposies tighter. Also, as any woman knows, you're skinnier when you lay down (think about zipping tight jeans! :giggle). Try some one piece jammies too- I sometimes have issues w/ pajama shirts/waist bands creeping in to diapers. :/