PDA

View Full Version : couple of pocket dipe questions

schmamy
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
--I found some used FBs for sale that have dark pilling--from being washed with a towel thanks to someone's DH. Do you think this would be a problem other than looking terrible, and, do you think a fabric shaver would get rid of the pilling and be OK? (Have you ever used one of those--the kind you can use on sweaters or knit pants? They really are slick.)

--Haute Pockets? Anyone used these? Like them? Montana's Diaper Store is having a good sale on Haute Pockets seconds. Wasn't sure if I wanted to try them or keep looking for more FBs.

musicmama
10-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't like the Haute Pockets :shifty They fit my dd funny, the snaps were so close to her legs they left marks, and they leaked for us. :doh

expatmom
10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I didn't like the Hautes at first because they fit wonky & seemed to leak, but the more dd has worn them the better they seem to be. I think they are okay to fill out a diaper supply but I wouldn't want them as my primary ones.

I don't know about the fabric shaver. :scratch If it is more discoloration rather then big balls of towel, I'd probably just leave them rather then risk wrecking the inner.

There are sales around on FBs for about $14. Check out the sales page on diaperpin.com

illinoismommy
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I was going to say I've heard http://www.abbyslane.com/ is clearancing out fuzzi bunz in the next few days, they will slowly drop in price depending on whats still left over.... I imagine everywhere will do this because someone tells me they are coming out with a new design.

I wouldn't buy the fuzzi bunz, but if I were buying used I'd be super picky that way too. I would worry that the de-piller would generally make the lining thinner because the pilling is from the surrounding fleece.

I've never heard of the other kind

schmamy
10-29-2007, 03:53 PM
I would worry that the de-piller would generally make the lining thinner because the pilling is from the surrounding fleece.

:think good point. thanks for the sale tip--I did see that someone today (Cotton Babies, maybe?) had them on clearance already. I'm just a cheapskate and was looking on DiaperSwappers for an even better deal :)