PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite cloth diapers?

2sunshines
10-26-2007, 05:29 AM
I'm just wondering what everyone's faves are. :yes

We had an old thread going on this, and I know that so much has changed in the diapering world since then, so I thought it was time for a new one.

So chime in and share your faves with us.

2sunshines
10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
By far, my fave systems are fitteds and prefolds, both covered in wool. :tu

My favourite prefolds are the rainbow shorts from www.greenmountaindiapers.com They unfortunately are no longer available but these things rock. :heart

My favourite fitteds right now include dream eze (www.mtdiaperstore.com), Blackbird Lane and Lucy's Hope Chest.

Then my wool covers. I :heart my wool covers. Wool rocks my world. :yes

JoyfulMom
10-26-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm so excited to be using cloth again in a couple of weeks with our newborn!

My faves are:

www.BabyBlossomDesigns.com (http://www.BabyBlossomDesigns.com) AIOs and PUL Covers with clotheze prefolds
www.WiggleWormBottoms.com (http://www.WiggleWormBottoms.com) Covers
www.RedEarthOriginals.com (http://www.RedEarthOriginals.com) Covers and of course, my own creations from
www.StrawberriesNSunshine.com (http://www.StrawberriesNSunshine.com)

I really want to try a Cuddle Buns type AIO but I haven't found any yet!

RooMama
10-26-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm new to CD, but here's my input, anyway. I have 2 in diapers, an infant and a toddler with special needs, so I wanted something that I could use for both of them. I finally chose Happy Heiny's one size for night-time and out and about and pre-folds with Thirsties covers for home. I don't love prefolds, but I just couldn't afford to buy fitteds for 2 babies.

Before I started this foray into CDing, I could not understand the appeal of pocket diapers, but having seen and used them, I love them. The bumgenious is my least favorite and I think I like FuzziBunz and Happy Heiny's equally. I chose HappyHeiny's because they have the One-size and the velcro is easier to get on my wiggly toddler. Also, color selection was very important to me. Doggone it, if I'm gonna be dumping poop in the toilet wringing out diapers, my kids bottoms better look adorable. :giggle That's why I chose the Thirsties covers. The colors are beautiful and they work well, too. :phew

klpmommy
10-26-2007, 08:16 AM
5 weeks of cding make me an expert, right? :P~

Myfavorite so far surprises me totally. It is prefolds with a snappi & a BSWW. I like the kissaluv fitteds & I use them as a backup b/c I don't have as many prefolds as I need. I only have a couple of one size pockets- I think I will like them when S gets big enough for them, right now the pee just pours out the legs on them. :lol

joby'smom
10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
:popcorn I am taking notes on all the brands you gals are discussing and will be using google to price everything. Keep them coming, I have lots to learn about. :haha

BeckaBlue
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
My favorite for nik i think was butterfly kisses ai2's....they also worked for abbey when needed even with a huge sz difference between her and nik (used the sz lg)
abbey didnt give me much option, she wanted fuzzibunz! but i also had a my precious baby (by april) that i really liked for her

inesperada
10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Fitted: Thirsties Fab Fitted. :tu :tu :tu :tu

Pocket: Fuzzi Bunz, but I also like DryBees occasionally (like today to see the ped...he's a bit snap challenged :giggle )

expatmom
10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I've tried a lot of different brands/types, but always come back to Fuzzi Buns. :tu

kellydd00
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
I've tried five kinds of diapers and my favorite (and all I have now) are one-size BumGenius 2.0's. I can't wait to see what the 3.0's are like!

jennyjq8
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I got some Dream-eze AIO testers...and I love them! :heart They are all organic cotton inside, with a PUL soft outer. I like the cotton against his bum, love the side snaps (with snap at leg and belly...really helps with my skinny-legged guy). And it is easier not to have to also fasten a cover on. (All my stash before I got these were fitteds with covers, some PUL, some wool, some nylon).

joby'smom
12-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I got some Dream-eze AIO testers...and I love them! :heart They are all organic cotton inside, with a PUL soft outer. I like the cotton against his bum, love the side snaps (with snap at leg and belly...really helps with my skinny-legged guy). And it is easier not to have to also fasten a cover on. (All my stash before I got these were fitteds with covers, some PUL, some wool, some nylon).

This may be a silly question, but what are 'testers'?

A.

Mama Bird
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
My favorites are prefolds with my crocheted wool covers over them. No rashes so far! :heart

2sunshines
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM

When a company comes out with a new diaper, they usually sell it at a reduced rate as a "tester". People get it cheaper and then give feedback to the maker of what they like and don't like about it. These are usually sold on a limited basis. Then when they get all the feedback they want, they will make changes to the diapers (or not) and then release them for sale.

joby'smom
12-04-2007, 05:25 PM

When a company comes out with a new diaper, they usually sell it at a reduced rate as a "tester". People get it cheaper and then give feedback to the maker of what they like and don't like about it. These are usually sold on a limited basis. Then when they get all the feedback they want, they will make changes to the diapers (or not) and then release them for sale.

Thank you!

relizabeth
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Eee! I :heart CD!

My interest in cloth diapering is what led me to AP, and then to MDC, and, consequently, GCM. And lots of acronyms. :giggle

So far, everyone I've met has gotten an earful of my cloth diaper evangelism. I've convinced my three closest friends: one just gave birth to her first, one is 10 weeks pregnant with her first, one TTC her first.

I started with prefolds and Bummis Super Snap covers. Loved them for the first 2 or so months. But ds grew fast. I've tried Bumgenius 1.0s, All Together AIOs, premium prefolds and several different fitteds: Loveybums, Muttaqin, Sugarpeas, Crickett's. I like all of them except the premium prefolds. They just don't fit ds very well, neither trimmed nor folded every which way. :shrug

My absolute favorites, though, are the fitteds I make myself. I've sewn 9 so far and, after lots of experimenting, love two patterns--Ottobre and Fattycakes. I use Litewraps covers now. I made some microfleece/microfiber inserts for overnight.

I don't plan on buying anymore diapers, that's how much I like sewing my own. :rockon

blessedw/4
01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
This is great!!! :tu :-) I loved FuzzyBunz last time, but am looking to expand my horizons in the CD world. Thanks for all the great ideas mommas!

tinyheaths
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
If money were not a factor it would be Fuzzi Bunz. Since it is prefolds is what we mainly use with wool covers I buy used from diaperswappers. I just got three BG OS really cheap that I am hoping will work well. I sold all my fuzzi bunz from dd1 to fund dd2s diapers.

illinoismommy
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Fuzzi Bunz are great :yes

I have mostly Fuzzi Bunz, in all the sizes :shifty

I don't love prefolds because of the extra step (put on diaper, put on cover), but the quality of the chinese prefolds I have are great

As far as covers.... I've only used two covers, Bummi Super Whisper Wraps and Thirsties-- Thirsties are by far superior :yes

jewelmcjem
02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
When you use a prefold in a cover, do you rinse the cover and reuse it, or just let it dry and reuse it? Doesn't it smell like urine, even if it's waterproof?

klpmommy
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
i just dry & reuse unless it has poop on it, then i wash it every couple of days

Blue Aurora
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I use primarily fuzzi bunz with a few bumgenius 2.0 thrown in. :)

Iveyrock
02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I love these, from a WAHM in my town. The diaper itself works great, and she has such cute fabrics :) http://shop.tobiestrousers.com/main.sc

GotMyHeartFull
02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
my favorite diapers ever were (and are still, dd uses them for night time still) www.snap-ez.com :rockon

2sunshines
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Oooh, I'm supposed to be getting my first snap eze in the mail any day now (hopefully today). So I'm glad to hear raves about it.

TuneMyHeart
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Oooh, I'm supposed to be getting my first snap eze in the mail any day now (hopefully today). So I'm glad to hear raves about it.

Did you get it yet? :popcorn

BamaGymnCoach
03-18-2008, 02:30 PM
We used Fuzzi Bunz almost exclusively in the beginning... Later on we used some Happy Heinies which I liked just as well.. Also, as a newborn, I used some Kissaluvs fitted and a couple of contours... Thwey were nice and all, but I disliked the trouble of a cover and a dipe. Pockets were just SO much easier!

BeckaBlue
03-18-2008, 10:34 PM
ok...so for jo...i LOOOVVVVVEEEE little beetles, and prorap covers if a pul cover
swaddlebee fitteds, but not the pul pockets (even though im fighting the urge to get one just to match her changing pad and wetbag :lol)
bumgenius for pockets
and of course hafta have pf's
and like the ease of snappi's too
:tu

2sunshines
03-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Did you get it yet?

Sorry, I just saw this. :O I did get it and I just wasn't in love with the fit of it on my dd. :shrug

inesperada
03-19-2008, 07:29 AM
I got a couple PeeWells a few weeks ago that are the most absorbent fitted ever, I'm quite convinced. And the fit is great on my skinny little man. :tu

brandi
03-21-2008, 07:35 AM
I love love love Mother-Ease OS and airflow covers :heart. I recomend them to everyone, even those who don;t CD :giggle.

Blue-EyedLady
03-23-2008, 06:45 PM
My favorite CD is Bumgenious. We have both the 2.0 and the 3.0. The main advantage of the new 3.0's is the wider pocket to fit the insert into. DH has a hard time stuffing the 2.0's b/c he has big hands, so he definitely likes the 3.0's better. BTW - when DH first saw these diapers he said "why would anyone use anything else?' 'Nuff said!

4AndLearning
04-09-2008, 07:22 AM
bumgenious 0.2 .i use pocket nappies easy to dry and easy to use.

joby'smom
04-09-2008, 07:39 AM
bumgenious 0.2 .i use pocket nappies easy to dry and easy to use.

Love my Bumgenius AIO and Impsy Vimpsy organic fitted w/ their covers.

CindiAnne
04-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Ooh! Subscribing. Cloth Diapers are my new favorite thing to learn about! We are currently TTC, but I am up for any advice about cloth diapering that I can find! I am so excited to try them- they sound wonderful, and earth friendly!

Yuliana
04-26-2008, 07:39 AM
At the moment my favorites are GMs, Mutts, Peewells and Thirsties AIOs

Tuesdayschild
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Wonderoos are Wonderful!

catholicapmom
06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
For fitteds I love Adorabumz. But I only have one of those because I prefer prefolds with wool. :)

peacefullone
07-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I haven't read everyone's reply, but I think for the moment, my favs are, prefolds and flatfolds, with either a snappy cover or gerber plastic pants. I think I'd like to get some really good prefolds.

does anyone know of some really good prefolds? I'd like the kind that are super absorbent and yet not too bunchy.

HummusDip
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
green mountain diapers prefolds and wool covers/soakers are my fav.

jewelmcjem
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I love love love Mother-Ease OS and airflow covers :heart. I recomend them to everyone, even those who don;t CD :giggle.

I just got some MEOS, so far they are my favorite dipes by far. Next faves are my Lucy's Hope Chest AI2's I got from someone here at GCM. I would *almost* pay full price for either ones new!

wjwalters
09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
I love all the cloth diapers I have. Several of mine are WAHM made and I have bought them from http://etsy.com.

I think my two favorite brands are bumkins and katnappies.etsy.com

peacefullone
09-26-2008, 07:57 AM
I love the g Diaper system...I use cloth inserts in them. I made my own inserts from prefolds and old T shirts...I also take some flatfolds and insert them into the g Diaper

~yogamom~
11-24-2008, 08:44 PM

I don't love prefolds because of the extra step (put on diaper, put on cover), but the quality of the chinese prefolds I have are great

As far as covers.... I've only used two covers, Bummi Super Whisper Wraps and Thirsties-- Thirsties are by far superior :yes

So do you use Fuzzi Bunz on the inside and Thirsties covers on the outside? :scratch I am new...

2sunshines
11-25-2008, 05:50 AM

So do you use Fuzzi Bunz on the inside and Thirsties covers on the outside? :scratch I am new...

No. Fuzzi bunz are pockets and therefore don't require a cover.

Thirsties are a cover, and would be used over prefolds or fitteds.

Hth. :)

shehaights
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
We are HH family here! All pockets through the day, but I confess we wear disposables over night, very heavy wetter! I've converted at least 3 Mamas, including my sister who at first told me cloth were not for her! ha ha! I like fuzzibuns too, but snaps would not work with my high energy little man, velcro all the way! :)

pastelsummer
12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I love my fattycakes and my mutts!! fitteds rock :rockon and the wool covers are the best too. especially for a child who has sensitive skin I like pockets but just can't use them for DD hoping that i can for this baby though!! oh and most of mine are WAHM made and are nice too but still the all time faves are fattycakes and mutts!

Cookie Momster
12-11-2008, 12:15 PM
We've been cloth diapering for a little over two years now. My favorites are the bumGenius One Size and that's all I use on my 2 year old and 6 month old now. Love them!

MessyBee
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our flat diapers (ESP. Little Lions flats, dyed). I have used prefolds and fitteds and some all in ones... we can only use natural fiber inners, though, as ds is allergic to poly.

Prefolds are okay, too, but they get really rough around here...my flats are softer.

MessyBee
02-16-2009, 12:33 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our flat diapers (ESP. Little Lions flats, dyed). I have used prefolds and fitteds and some all in ones... we can only use natural fiber inners, though, as ds is allergic to poly.

Prefolds are okay, too, but they get really rough around here...my flats are softer.

I also cannot stand to think about cding without my Frugal Fanny Flannels... they really, really, really rock.

shehaights
02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok, I recant my previous statement on HH, we're all bumkins now! I was having some problems with the velcro on the HH curling into his stomach, I went through my stash 6 of the HH are doing it and leaving marks on his belly. These are only 8mos old. Contacted the manufacturer and if I mail them they'll repair them or replace them, so I have to see how that goes. Meanwhile, I've been trying bumkins and love them. I've added a hemp insert and he's gone 4 hours with no leaks and he is a heavy wetter. Didn't "test" it further than that, four hours was long enough! Never really cared for BG 3.0, just don't fit him right, to tight on the legs and stomach, even the HH are a bit on the smaller side for him when you go off the charts. One other thing I love about bumkins all made in the USA!

amandabarugh
05-04-2009, 02:29 PM
At the moment my favorites are GMs, Mutts, Peewells and Thirsties AIOs

I'm a GM, too! :lol I ♥ our GoodMamas! :heart They are absolutely my favorite dipes! Overnight, we use Blueberry OS pockets. That's really the only OS pocket that I like, at all.

sarainseattle
10-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I love AppleCheeks and SoftBums best (SoftBums are hands-down the best one-size diaper I've ever tried). And then we use a double-diapered prefold w/ Thirsties cover at night.

mumsark8
07-15-2010, 01:35 AM
My 6yo was my first CDing baby from a year-PL'd,my LO is 2yo and has been in cloth from almost day1.
Really ended up not liking the Bum Genis in pocket and AIO( pocket started linking as LO got older and the organic AIO is hard to release stains from).
:hearted Fuzzi bunz with both of the girls.
:heartmy Rumparooz.
Happy Heineys are great with them when their little,but once their older they can take off their dipes,because of the aplix.
I tried pfs,covers,wool,fitteds,never could get the hang,but now that we are getting ready to Potty-train,I've decided to try the fitteds and wool/interlock again at night,esp since she's such a heavy wetter at night. I've learned I have to ask what the wool is made from do to allergies.

crmmom
08-21-2010, 12:50 PM
We use mostly Indian prefolds with Thirsties Duo Wrap covers. I started with prefolds because it was the cheapest way to begin CDing. I have really grown to love my prefolds and covers. They are easy and inexpensive. At night we use Dream-EZE. I absolutely love these at night. They were given to me by a friend,(they were too tight on here daughters chubby legs :) ) They are the only thing that doesn't leak or overflow on my son at night. He was even leading through disposables!

trustingGod2
08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Kawaii AIO's:heart

abh5e8
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
ooo....neat thread. dont' know how i missed this.

we like pockets...BG OS (3.0, i think?). i also have some lg FB that i use for night/nap. they are bigger then the BGOS. for newborns, prefolds (green mountain diaper nb size) and covers...thirsties are my fav. but the prowraps are good in NB size, which is smaller then the thirsties and fits better ....my newborns have skinny skinny legs. :wink we switched over to the pockets at about 2 months, i think.

Crystalann
10-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Tinkle Traps prefitteds are my absolute favorite!

lecialefty
10-18-2010, 05:29 PM
My favorites are Softbums. Second would probably be bg organics/elementals in aplix, the snaps are ok but fit funny.

gpsings
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I was a total Bumgenius and Fuzzibunz mom, but then I learned how to make them, and it was a whole other game. I'm SOOOO lucky to be out of the diaper phase, because it truly became an obsession. :lol

Earthylady
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm using TweedleBugs and REALLY like them! They are one size diapers and I bought seconds and they came with both an insert and a doubler. They are WELL worth the money! http://www.tinytush.com/Tweedle-Bugs-One-Size-Snap-Pocket-Diapers-40Seconds41-Including-Insert-amp-Doubler_p_783.html#

I've used Happy Heineys, but they seemed to need stripping ALL.THE.TIME. It was ridiculous, so they leaked a lot. I then used Kushies All in Ones for a really long time but they were really bulky and my second kid didn't like them and he kept rashing with them, no matter what I did. I tried everything. So, I finally went back to sposies with him and he was fine. :shrug with my 3rd kid she hated cloth for the first year and a half of her life. Everything I tried was too bulky for her big chunky butt and she hated them. She would just lay in the floor and cry and not move until I took it off of her. I orderd a dozen of the tweedlebugs to try thinking even if dd2 didn't like them, I could use them on the new baby, but she LOVED them! She loves picking out the colors to wear and they fit her nice and trimly. Someone gave us a few Fuzzibuns and they are ok....but I like the TweedleBugs better because there is an opening in both the front and the back of the diaper so the inserts just come out on their own in the wash. Plus, I don't like the FB snap arrangement as well.

RedPetals
10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I love Flips (usually just with a tri-folded prefold)
Best Bottoms (probably my fave!)
Fuzzi Bunz
Fishnoodles
BGs (AIOs, Organic & 3.0s)

sillybeans
12-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm loving my Fishnoodles currently!

FarmMama
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
It has been five years since I bought cloth diapers (using my the ones I used for my son for my dd).
prefolds and snappi's for around the house
kissuluvs and fuzzibunz for easy diapers (dh or errands)
lots of hemparoo doublers and nighttime doublers with fleece
Covers: Lana wool, aristocrat, and luvibums...I LOVE wool!

Now off to google some cloth diapers I haven't heard of before since reading this thread!

amieids
01-06-2011, 07:04 AM
My son is 21 months old and has been in tots bots bamboozle nappies since birth, we love them. Now his little sister is 3 weeks old (and much smaller than he was) and I'm just waiting for her to get big enough to fill the 1st size bamboozles. Not entirely sure how I'll keep on top of the washing with 2 cloth bots but it's worth it...only time my son gets nappy rash is when we put him in a disposable nappy!

Fallin2Grace
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
My go to diaper is Fuzi Bunz One Size Pocket diaper. We have been able to use them since his umbelical cord fell off! And i tried it on my sisters 15 month old and he was still able to fit into them,,,,with room to grow! Its great because not only can you adjust the rise and the waist with the snaps, but you can also adjust the legs and the inside waist with the elastic bands. It makes for a great fit and it comes with 2 inserts (which i like to use at night). I hardly ever get leaks! the only 2 things dislike about the diaper is the cost and the bulkiness (but for a cloth it really isnt too bad and i know once my LO gets bigger it will look well fitted.

The other cloth diapers i really like are what i like to call the "eBay cheepies" they are super cute with some awesome patterns (especially for boys which i find can be tough to find). They are also one size pocket diaper. I also tried these on my sisters baby and they fit great too! I dont use them over night but they are ok for naps and daytime use. Cant wait to see him run around in the summer with em on!:heart Oh yeah, super cheap too! 99 cents on ebay plus S&H, you cant beat that!

Earthylady
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
My go to diaper is Fuzi Bunz One Size Pocket diaper. We have been able to use them since his umbelical cord fell off! And i tried it on my sisters 15 month old and he was still able to fit into them,,,,with room to grow! Its great because not only can you adjust the rise and the waist with the snaps, but you can also adjust the legs and the inside waist with the elastic bands. It makes for a great fit and it comes with 2 inserts (which i like to use at night). I hardly ever get leaks! the only 2 things dislike about the diaper is the cost and the bulkiness (but for a cloth it really isnt too bad and i know once my LO gets bigger it will look well fitted.

The other cloth diapers i really like are what i like to call the "eBay cheepies" they are super cute with some awesome patterns (especially for boys which i find can be tough to find). They are also one size pocket diaper. I also tried these on my sisters baby and they fit great too! I dont use them over night but they are ok for naps and daytime use. Cant wait to see him run around in the summer with em on!:heart Oh yeah, super cheap too! 99 cents on ebay plus S&H, you cant beat that!

You might like the Tweedlebugs too then. Although they aren't 99 cents. :) But they are the one size ones and come with 2 inserts for under $9. I haven't had the opportunity to try them on a wee one yet, but my 2 year old has been wearing them for the past 4 months and they still look brand new. I really like them!

Amahoro
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
For Australian girls...

My favourites are Baby Beehinds and Itti Bitti.

www.babybeehinds.com.au (especially like the Magic-All smooth & Petite All-in-two)

www.ittibitti.com.au (especially the D'Lish All-in-Ones)

Fallin2Grace
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
You might like the Tweedlebugs too then. Although they aren't 99 cents. :) But they are the one size ones and come with 2 inserts for under $9. I haven't had the opportunity to try them on a wee one yet, but my 2 year old has been wearing them for the past 4 months and they still look brand new. I really like them!

Neato! Where can i find those at? I am interested...cloth diapering is addicting! lol

Earthylady
01-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I posted a link earlier. It's at the top of this page ;)

blessedmamaofmany
01-24-2011, 07:35 AM
I just got my FB OS in the mail. Best.diapers.ever. I wish I would have spent this money years ago instead of farting around.

Best part?

My husband has no trouble with them! He just gets one out and is in business. Before, he had a hard time with which diapers for which cover...not anymore! That alone makes it worth it! Anything that makes The Man love cloth more ;)