PDA

View Full Version : Why is it..?

ilikestrawberryjello
10-26-2007, 04:31 AM
That when I put DD to bed early, she sleeps great and if I put her to bed later (usually so we can sleep in a bit in the morning) that it always backfires and she's up all night?? If I put her to bed around 7:45 pm DD sleeps well with (usually) only one wake up. If she goes to bed after 8:15-8:30 she'll be up several times...Can someone tell me WHY?? :shrug

2sunshines
10-26-2007, 05:08 AM
:think

Maybe she's overtired when you put her down later? I know that when my kids are over tired they often sleep worse.

klpmommy
10-26-2007, 09:34 AM
adrenline.

Once she passes her optimal sleep time adrenline kicks in to keep her awake. That is why an overtired kid never sleeps as well as one that is not overtired. Seems so backwards, doesn't it?

2sunshines
10-26-2007, 11:11 AM
oooh, thanks Kimberly. From experience I knew that but wasn't sure the actual reason for it. :yes

ilikestrawberryjello
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
adrenline.

Once she passes her optimal sleep time adrenline kicks in to keep her awake. That is why an overtired kid never sleeps as well as one that is not overtired. Seems so backwards, doesn't it?

That makes sense. Is it possible to change her "optimal sleep time"?? I don't like getting up so early...(wah...wah...wah :giggle)

klpmommy
10-26-2007, 02:26 PM
If you find a way to change an optimal sleep time, let me know. P is up by 6:30 every morning & I am sooooooo not a morning person. Nothing I have done has worked to change his natural body clock.

ilikestrawberryjello
10-27-2007, 08:34 AM
If you find a way to change an optimal sleep time, let me know. P is up by 6:30 every morning & I am sooooooo not a morning person. Nothing I have done has worked to change his natural body clock.

:yes That is our exact situation. :O Guess I will be learning to be a morning person forever... :yawn