PDA

View Full Version : do it yourself cloth..any recommendations?

mandaruth
10-25-2007, 10:59 PM
We recently switched from cloth diaper service to Seventh Generation disposables. I really miss cloth and my son has been much more red since we switched. We left the diaper service because it was getting too expensive. But we recently moved to a place where the wash/dry is much cheaper so I wouldn't mind washing my own now. One friend suggested Fuzzi Bunz. ANy other suggestions for good cloth diapers?? We'll hopefully be potty training in about 6 months but would like to get something planned for our one on the way!

ilikestrawberryjello
10-26-2007, 04:28 AM
I use fuzzi's and love them. They are simple and so cute! But, you could think about buying some similar diapers made with PUL from WAHM's on the internet. It could be a less expensive option. hth :heart

2sunshines
10-26-2007, 04:52 AM
I personally dislike pockets. And of the few pockets I use, I hate fuzzi bunz the most. They just never fit my children well. :shrug

When you used the diaper service, I'm guessing you were using prefolds, right? How did that work for you? Because prefolds are definitely the cheapest and are super duper easy to wash on your own. Personally, I'd pick up a couple dozen prefolds and a few covers and you'd have your own system for a cheap price.

If you want to go a little more complex, I personally recommend fitteds. I exclusively use fitteds and prefolds. I can give you some recommendations on specific fitteds if you are interested.

JoyfulMom
10-26-2007, 06:00 AM
I don't like pockets but I did use FB for a short time in the beginning of our diapering journey. :) They worked well for us.
I prefer covers/prefolds or all-in-ones for newborns. I like buying from WAHMs b/c of the variety of prints and some are inexpensive, you can't get that from big brand diaper makers. I posted my list of faves in the new thread.

Since getting ready for our new baby to join us, I've found new prefolds, well, they are new to me. They are shorter than chinese prefolds which works well for my babies b/c they are so short. :) Clotheze prefolds, I bought ours from Green Mountain Diapers and they are so fluffy and soft. I can't wait to use them. I made a stash of AIOs and covers from my own diaper pattern and I've also bought some from other WAHMs and haven't spent a ton of money. :) HTH

mama-hobbit
10-26-2007, 06:10 AM
I didn't like anything as much as I liked my basic prefolds! They are easy to wash/dry and hold up to abuse... I don't have any fear of pins and liked that I could make them fit rather trimly with just a little practice. I liked to use them with bummies whisper wraps... :yes

Mama Bird
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I've run the gamut between prefolds, then fancy-schmancy diapers with DS. For this baby, it's back to good quality prefolds with crocheted wool covers. (At least, that's the plan!) :P~

klpmommy
10-27-2007, 11:18 AM
as much as it surprises me I love prefolds & BSWWs. I thought I would love the fancier stuff, but with a newborn so far preolds :rockon

MaybeGracie
10-27-2007, 11:22 AM
During the day, I love indian prefolds and BSWW covers. So easy to use and to take care of.

For outings, nights, and daddy-diaper-changes, I use Fuzzi Bunz pockets. Love them too!

Katiebug
10-27-2007, 01:59 PM
We use Motherease Toddlerease diapers and Motherease Airflow covers. I got a great deal on a lot of them on Craigslist, but they've been awesome for us and I'd pay full price for them. :rockon