PDA

View Full Version : where to buy sports wash?

Naked Camper
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Looking to get some stink out of the dipes....
Where do you find sports wash? I've looked at walmart and our grocery store and they don't carry it. any thoughts on where to find some?

also, has anyone tried the scent remover wash that hunters use to get smells out of their hunting clothes? The bottle says it's good for organic smells/stains. Just wondering if that'd be a good option.

ohh...had one more thought. What do you think about this product on diapers: http://www.uniquemm.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&pageid=33

blessedwithboys
10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
It's in the hunting section, not by the laundry detergent. Be careful though, I've read that it's caused very serious burns on some babies. :yes2

Have you tried plain Tide? Worked wonders for me!

Naked Camper
10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
I thought Tide has chemical brighteners in it :think

Good to know it's in the sports section - that makes much more sense.

I think a lot of our diaper problems are due to our front loading washer :/ I washed diapers at my MIL's house this week in her top loader with the same detergent I usually use and they seem to be much cleaner than normal. DH said he'd buy a used washer off craigslist if we continue to have problems getting diapers clean. :shrug I think it's so cool how's he's all about the cloth diapers and the $$ we save using them :tu :heart

Soliloquy
10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Sport Wash and Sensi Clean are the exact same formula as is the hunter's detergent. They're all made by the same company. My friend has MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) and she uses it on new clothes.

I found Sport Wash in the laundry section of Kroger. It's a small bottle so it's easy to miss. My bottle is organge w/ a runner on it. If you have a Gander Mtn. or something similar you could call them.

Another option to try is Calgon water softener or there's another one that's 3 letters but I can't remember the name. They're in the laundry section, too.

Naked Camper
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks Lisa - yeah, we don't have any of those stores

and we already have a water softener :wink

it's those darn poopy toddler diapers and my toddler NEVER has consistent poop. His is rock hard one diaper and a runny mess the next. I've just started trying to rinse out the toddler poo before they go into the wash and that has helped a ton, but they still need to be stripped good and clean. Hot, hot water and scrubbing with dish soap hasn't done the trick. Plus I got some diapers from a mom here and they smell real perfumy and I can't get that smell out.

The Tickle Momster
10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Sports wash should help tons! I used to use it exclusively. It's too hard for me to get so I only use it for stripping or other issues now.

It is a BRIGHT orange, fatish round bottle. In the hunting section. I usually ended up getting mine at G.I. Joes. The clerks thought I was :crazy wanting it for dipes. :P~

Once you get them clean you can try using a bit of bac out before putting the poopy ones in the diaper pail. Should help some. I put mine in a spray bottle to cut down on how much was used and to expand the coverage area. Works great! :tu

Naked Camper
10-24-2007, 08:46 PM
bac out??

I'm half tempted to start a wet pail just for the poopy diapers :shrug

Soliloquy
10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
can you put up a clothes line? It's amazing what 12 hours outside on a breezy day will do. :yes

2sunshines
10-25-2007, 04:52 AM
I was going to suggest bac out too. You can get it at a health food store or online at drugstore.com. It's completely natural and breaks down enzymes. If I ever start to get stink, I soak the diapers overnight in a little bit of that diluted in water and it completely solves the problem. :yes

Naked Camper
10-25-2007, 06:06 AM
okay, that bac out sounds a lot like the pet stuff I linked in the OP. It has the enzyme stuff in it too.