PDA

View Full Version : ack! blow out poopy all over wool cover- how to clean?

klpmommy
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Miss S had a very big blow out poop this morning. It was nice & mustardy which is good, but it got EVERYWHERE. I think I got the stains off the couch & I washed both her clothes & mine. But how do I clean the wool cover? Right now it is sitting on a prefold waiting for me to take care of it. I am pretty sure I can rinse it in water, but I wasn't sure if I needed to do something else right after that so I have done nothing. It has now been sitting for about 12 hours. :help

mamaKristin
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
When I get a blowout in wool, I soak it in wool wash, then get fresh water/wool wash and scrub it back and forth with my hands, you know, scrubby style, not using my hands as the scrubby. ;) Sometimes takes a couple of rinses, but comes out great.

klpmommy
10-21-2007, 03:51 PM
where do I get wool wash?

mamaKristin
10-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I have some fancy ones, but I mainly use Eucalan wool wash. You may be able to pick it up at a grocery store, in the laundry section. :think

2sunshines
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
You can wash wool with baby shampoo and lanolize it with lanisoh. If you go this method, make sure to lanolize it because the baby shampoo will strip the cover of any lanolin. If however, you use a lanolin rich wash (most wool wash is) you don't necessarily have to also use lanolin (some people do though because they prefer/need more lanolin).

That said, I highly recommend getting some wool wash. You can get it pretty cheap and you use it so sparingly that it will last forever. I use Northern Essence wool wash, but pretty much any kind would work. Just make sure it's lanolin rich.

Here's a video tutorial on washing wool: http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/lanolize.htm When I started I followed these instructions just using baby shampoo rather than the wool wash. When I use lanolin rich wool wash I personally do not add any more lanolin, but like I said, that's just a matter of personal preference and your baby's needs.

I bought mine from www.babyhopesclothdiapers.com $4.50 and she always ships free. :tu