PDA

View Full Version : I bought an actual Thristies DIAPER *not a great first time out*

Can Dance
10-20-2007, 07:43 AM
:nails
right now I am doing a service. this might be my foray into the *real* thing. I did the math though and even if the is pted within a year, I will still save myself a lot of money.
how often do I expect to be doing laundry?
I also got a sprayer off thing for the poop. I seriously can hardly handle it. I might need to buy gloves or something to do laundry.
anyway, put the dip on her this morning and she LOVED IT. she was so pleased, she gets this look on her face that cracks me up. its so soft and nice though, I would wear that against my bum!! :lol

BearyBlessed
10-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Is it one of their Fab fitted diapers? They look heavenly!

cheri
10-20-2007, 09:01 AM
I've found that as long as I get the poopy diaper off right away (vs. letting her sit down and squash it) it usually plops right into the toilet. Even the runnier poops generally are solid enough that most of it will plop off, and the rest can be removed pretty easily with a sprayer or a swipe of toilet paper. It's a huge difference, IMO, than pooping in a prefold, which doesn't plop off quite as easily. (and THAT completely grosses me out)

Amber
10-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I wash dipes every 2 to 3 days. I really isn't too bad, and it does save a ton of money. :yes

2sunshines
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Congratulations. Welcome to the wonderful world of cloth diapering. :lol

You can definitely save money even if she pl's in a year. :yes

Feel free to ask all the little specific questions as you work through everything.

Can Dance
10-21-2007, 08:23 PM
well now I DO have a problem. I have 9 covers that I can wash about once a week because I have so many. this does not require soaking or whatnot.
so I officially have my first poop diaper. I am kind of embarrassed, but I am not sure what to do next. do I just rinse it off and put it in a bucket until I have a couple of nasty covers? I have nothing else to wash at this point, and it feels kind of wasteful for only one load. I know they can get stinky, but how long does that take? for my service, I can dump the whole thing in and not deal with it at all. sooooo.....now I don't know what to do. :O

2sunshines
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Yep. Just rinse it off and throw it in the pail. Just wash when you're ready to wash. I wash every day or two... I don't think I'd leave a poopy diaper more than two days, but you might get away with 3. I definitely wouldn't wait the whole week though.

cheri
10-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I've heard a lot of people say they go up to 2 days, but for me, I wash them daily, especially if I have a poop diaper. It seems like the longer you wait, the harder it is to get poop off of the diaper.

And I know this is totally wasteful, but sometimes if I have a REALLY nasty diaper, I throw it in for a rinse cycle right away, even if it's the only thing I have. That way I don't have to look at it again later.

Can Dance
10-23-2007, 08:06 AM
so I washed it and it STILL Has poo on it. sigh. what did I do wrong? its like the chunky kind that has left little pieces all over the diaper. sigh.

2sunshines
10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
ewww. yea, you gotta get that chunk out. Is it chunky enough that after she poops you could just dump the excess off in the toilet?

My dd is in the chunky peanut butter poo stage. I used to wipe the excess chunks off with toilet paper and then threw the diaper in the wash. Just yesterday I bought a diaper sprayer (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) so now I can just spray the poop off in the toilet.

Do you have a laundry tub? I used to spray the poop off in there at my old house that had one. I've also been known to use the garden hose. :giggle

You don't need to get it all off. Just the chunks because they won't break down in the wash.

cheri
10-23-2007, 12:00 PM
yeah, you have to make sure the chunks go in the toilet. Sometimes I have to wipe the diaper with a piece of toilet paper in order to get it off if it's really sticky.

Also, sometimes if it's really covered in poop (like when it's runnier and/or not much plops into the toilet), I have to do multiple rinses to get it all off.