PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite (and cheapest) cover?

AmyWA
10-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I found that I really like using a softwrap under a cover. But I only have one kind of cover. So, I'm looking to buy some different types of covers. What are your favorites? I need cheap here ladies so think of that too! :) Anyway, just wanted to get some ideas. There are so many options out there that I'm getting overwhelmed.

Lady TS
10-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Bummis, but they tend to wick after awhile. I either put them in the dryer for a hot cycle or put them in a load with fabric softener, depending on what the problem is.

Proraps are cheaper, and what I used for newborn/infant, but I like the tabs/snaps on Bummis better, as well as the fit.

A good cheap cover is a Diaperap. It's a nylon pull-on type, so better (IMO) as baby gets older and can stand so it's easier to pull up.

(I have some Medium Bummis for sale if you are interested. ;))

BeckaBlue
10-19-2007, 06:40 PM
i liked proraps best of the cheap covers (never got to try a bummi)
dappi's are incredibly cheap but they wicked real bad for abs (never tried for nik)

blessedwithboys
10-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I like proraps and bummis super whisper wraps. Bummis are cuter, and do work well, but of the two proraps are cheaper, trimmer, more bullet proof and don't get stinky as fast- you get more wear out of them (this is because of their inner material).

loveberry
10-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Love love love prowraps. I never found anything I liked nearly as much.

2sunshines
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree with everyone, if you want cheap I'd definitely go with proraps. They are one of my favourite covers. The only downside of them is that they don't have laundry tabs, but I just close them and turn them inside out and it's never been a problem.

Bummis super whisper wraps are my other fave PUL covers but they are more expensive.

Katigre
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I HATED Proraps - tried them in every size and at every stage from newborn to toddler and they never fit right - it was really hard to get a prefold folded and snappied well such that none peaked out, it was long in the rise but not enough material around the thighs, the gussets were bulky, and there were no laundry tabs.

Bummis are alright - they used to be my favorite covers until I discovered THIRSTIES covers - they are like the best of a bummis and prorap all put together with an excellent fit and gussets - prefolds have no chance of peaking out and causing leaks in these! Plus nice laundry tabs, great design, and reasonable price (and a bunch of colors!)

My other favorite cover is Motherease Airflow side snap - these are nice b/c they are trim, unbulky, easy to care for, and the snaps mean that a curious toddler cannot get the cover off (unlike velcro ;)).

BearyBlessed
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
My favorite is Thirsties, but they are like $11. You might be able to find some on diaper swappers, though.
They have laundry tabs, good gussets, and a nice color selection. :)

Mama Rophe
10-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I like prowraps. I tried some thirsties covers, but they cut into my kid's chubby thighs. We get a way better fit with the prowraps.

MaybeGracie
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I like Bummis. We tried Prowraps but I found the guessets and general fit to be a bit awkward on my DS. Plus, the Bummis are just cuter. ;)

AmyWA
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks ladies!!!! Thanks to Tanya I'm going to try some Bummis and a friend of mine just sent me some Kushies covers - which look WAY different than the AIO's I already have (and don't particularly like). So we'll see how these go and then try some others if I don't fall in love with any of them. :)