PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh....WHAT just happened?!

MarynMunchkins
10-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Lilly didn't actually go to sleep last night until 11:30. That was intensely annoying since everyone else was out by 7:45, but anyway...

I got frustrated with her nursing and nursing and nursing but not actually going to sleep and finally just carried her up to her bed. I tucked her into bed and left her there awake. :shifty She got up once, and I said, "No. This is time for sleeping. Go back to bed." She walked back into the room and I put her back into bed. She talked up there for 10 minutes or so and then fell asleep. :jawdrop Mind you, this is in a bed she can freely get out of. She could have gotten up and wandered out at any time.

So she's in bed at 11:30. :tu When my alarm went off this morning at 7:15, she was still in her bed. :jawdrop

:scratch :hunh What is this thing called sleep? Are you sure this is normal? :hunh ;)

HomeWithMyBabies
10-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Sssslllleeeee.....ppp? I know I've heard of it...does sound familiar. :scratch :giggle :yawn

Mert
10-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Sssslllleeeee.....ppp? I know I've heard of it...does sound familiar. :scratch :giggle :yawn

I have some vague recollections... What does it look like? Maybe that would help me!! :giggle

Chris3jam
10-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Hm. Sleep. :scratch Sleep. :think S.l.e.e.p. Hm. Off to go check dictionary.com. . . . .

Um, Mary? What, exactly, did you *do* to that child?! ;) :P~

allisonintx
10-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Oh yea, I remember how we started getting sleep when they were that age! We put them to sleep in a room where they couldn't see us (except for the youngest who can't even think about sleeping if she is not touching at least one person.)

Mert
10-23-2007, 05:49 AM
So has this sleep phenomenon continued for you, Mary? How's it going? If you say something slightly positive, then there's hope for the rest of us!! :giggle ;)

MarynMunchkins
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Kinda. :shrug WHEN she goes to sleep she sleeps well. Getting her to sleep is nigh impossible.

allisonintx
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM
We found that it was really helpful to our children to listen to books on CD or to have music playing softly in their room as they were trying to go to sleep.

MarynMunchkins
10-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I think she's too little. :/

olivegod2
11-03-2007, 12:46 AM
:clap :clap Yay Sleep!! That is great!!! :rockon

As you can see it is 2:46 am and am not asleep but dd is yayayayayayayay!!! :clap