PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

pastelsummer
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I am planning to CD since disposables are getting sooo pricey. And I got some off of the swapnshop, and I would like some advice I got a few of each. I was seeing alot of longies... what are they? they look just like pants to me. So any advice is very welcome

attachmom
10-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Longies function as both the diaper cover and the pants, and are made of wool. Usually a prefold or fitted diaper is worn under the longies. HTH

2sunshines
10-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh, the world of wool. :yes

Wool can be used as a diaper cover. You can buy wool in several forms, one of them being longies. These are simply wool knitted or crocheted into long pants. So they serve duo purposes. They are the diaper cover, but they are also the baby's pants.

Wool is great because it's a natural fiber. It's breathable. And it's self-cleansing. You have to handwash wool, but only when it get poop on it or something, so I actually think that caring for wool is easier than caring for PUL.

pastelsummer
10-16-2007, 11:21 AM
hmmmmm Those sound interesting maybe I will get a few of them and see what happens

2sunshines
10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
The other thing that is really fabulous about wool is that it absorbs 30% of its weight in moisture. So I use wool at night all the time. Because if the baby pees more than the diaper can hold, the wool will absorb the excess. I have NEVER had a leak with wool.

pastelsummer
10-17-2007, 02:08 PM
ok where do i get some? They sound awesome