PDA

View Full Version : Do you lesson plan?

SPKarenO
10-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Do you lesson plan for your preschooler?

If so, what does that look like? Do you do it weekly, monthly?

If not, how do you organize your days and weeks?

AttachedMamma
10-12-2007, 05:06 PM
:popcorn We're more of the "flying by the seat of our pants" kind of HSing. :O DD is our only child, so I only have to focus on teaching one little person and one age group. She'll be 7yo next week and if she were in ps, she would be in 1st grade, but we also do other grade level work at home...it's all very tailored to her. At the beginning of the year, I have somewhat of a list of things she'd like to do and I'd like to see her accomplish. I also use the WorldBook web site as a guide. This year I started writing a synopsis of what she accomplished for the month. So, for Sept, I broke it down by subject (although some activities cover a wide variety) and listed what field trips she took, things she discovered, etc. I personally like this idea b/c it also helps me see where we need to concentrate more on next month. And it'll be a nice memory of her homeschooling. Perhaps next year I'll write weekly, although I really want to make sure I don't become a slave of that. It can really kill the joy. (I remember when I was pg and going through my Bradley birthing class and we had to keep a food journal to make sure we were getting enough protein. After several days, I was like--forget this! I just want to eat already! :giggle)

I imagine that our rhythm will become a little more finely-tuned as the years go on. We're still figuring out all of this. :shrug

cindi

OnlyBelieve
10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
My dd is a couple of days older than yours and I do not plan anything at all for her.
When ds is doing his stuff I give her some coloring books and paper to do her own stuff.

logosnimby
10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I just started this past week, but we have sort of a flexible schedule. I am using Five In A Row curriculum and supplementing with a hooked on phonics and hooked on math program. I have a few writing tablets we use for practicing writing. Dry erase boards come in handy as well.

I try to focus on one major subject each day, language, science, social studies, math and arts.
everyday we will work on reading, writing and math.

but i can see where I sort of unschool by following my childs lead when he questions things or shows a desire to learn more about a particular subject. I just the the flexibility of not using a traditional approach :heart