PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issues are turning him into a GRUMP

Dana Joy
10-09-2007, 04:28 PM
So.... I nightweaned my 3 yo ds Little Man about 3 weeks ago- and his sleep improved- (he went from waking up over 5 times a night- to twice a night.) and as his sleep improved so did his mood. So I did a happy dance and said- oh boy I figured it out. Then this weekend he got a stomach bug and was up and down all at weird times- fell asleep Sunday at 3pm and slept till 11 pm. All kinds of weird sleep stuff- and he is not settling back into a regular pattern now that he is well.
Part of the problem is the nursing- I have to get up around 6:15- which is before the sun comes up- so although I tell him he cannot nurse till morning- I nurse him at 5 am- which to him looks the same as 4 or 3 or whatever- so he wakes up at those times and asks for it.
I had a taste of my sweet boy when he gets enough sleep and I miss him- help me bring him back.

hiddenhippie6
10-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Man DO I know where you are coming from. I had Hannah on a great schedule for about a week. She was SO pleasant to be around. It only took one day to get her all messed up again and now we live with a grouch. Hugs mama :hugheart :hugheart

pastelsummer
10-09-2007, 05:55 PM
:hugheart :heart :shrug

Dana Joy
10-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Well yesterday I went out and bought a pretty lamp and a timer- I explained to him it was his special "nana" lamp and when it turned on it meant it was morning and he could have nanas. He was up from 4-5 asking for nanas, juice, a story, Blues Clues anything to not sleep- I held myground and he did ok- did not sleep - but did not scream. So we'll see if I can reset his little system.

hopeforchange
10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
hope it works! :)