PDA

View Full Version : cosleeping help

milkmommy
10-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Cecilia is a little under the weather nothing big but when shes this way she always wants me to sleep with her. I'm fine with this but she doesn't want to sleep in my bed the large king sized with room for all but in her bed the small twin sized. Its very uncomfortable for me. She wats me to hold her so having a set up next to me isn't cutting it. Shes also waking if I try to leave after shes asleep. Is it unreasonable to tell her is she wants me to hold her while shes sleeps shes needs to sleep in our bed?

Deanna

Mama Calidad
10-09-2007, 09:57 AM
That sounds like a completely reasonable compromise to me!

I hope that she's feeling better soon!

Marsha
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Yes. Definitely. Especially since she isn't a baby and can understand. Though I know all too well the inner one year old that comes out when our 5 year olds aren';t up to par! :heart

milkmommy
10-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh and FWIW shes not like scare of our bed or anything. Shes actually loves to be in it but shes a literlist and a month or so ago a family friend made a comment to her about her being such a big girl and not sleeping with mommy anymore and how she had a big girl bed. So now DD is convienced she HAS to sleep in her room. :/ BTW this person wasn't being mean or implying cosleeping was bad at all shes was just trying to say something nice and make Cecilia feel grown up but her words got twisted in my literal DD mind.

Deanna