PDA

View Full Version : I plan to try my wool cover tonight-- questions

klpmommy
10-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Pls forgive the total newbie questions!!!

I have been putting S in a kissaluv with a cover at night & it is working fine. By morning her diaper is super saturated. But I want to try the wool wrap that TTL made for S. So what kind of diaper do you put in a wool cover- does it matter? The other diapers I use a lot are the prefolds, would that work better with the wool? And her diaper is sooooooo wet in the morning that I am kind of chicken to put the wool on her b/c I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with a wet baby & bed. So would it help if I put an extra something in the diaper/wool?

TIA. I can't wait to use the wrap TTL made- it is so adorable with ladybugs on it!!!

2sunshines
10-09-2007, 05:51 AM
If you have a diaper system that is working under a PUL cover, it should be adequate under a wool cover. For me, I have to use more absorbency under PUL than I do under wool. Wool will soak up the extra moisture.

That said, I'd probably stick a doubler inside the diaper, just to add that extra absorbency. We usually use our most absorbent fitteds at night under her wool and we've never had a leak.

me
10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
]
If you have a diaper system that is working under a PUL cover, it should be adequate under a wool cover. For me, I have to use more absorbency under PUL than I do under wool. Wool will soak up the extra moisture.

That said, I'd probably stick a doubler inside the diaper, just to add that extra absorbency. We usually use our most absorbent fitteds at night under her wool and we've never had a leak.
:yes same here when the wool is not felted.

If your wool is felted though it will roll off instead of absorb. In that case you could cut a rectangle out of some fleece and lay that between your diaper and wool. The fleece will kind of send it back into the diaper if there is still some chance for absorption instead of letting it roll out the sides or wick through.

So long as there are still dry areas in the diaper your wool shouldnt wet through ever. Just be sure the diaper isnt soaked during the night and you will be fine
:yes