PDA

View Full Version : Ok Fuzzi Bunz fans - I need help...

AmyWA
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, we are starting REALLY late with the CD thing. Cooper is now 10 months old and I'm just getting the idea that maybe we should do this. :scratch Anyways... I'm leaning toward Fuzzi Bunz. I've heard REALLY great things about them and they look SOOOOOO easy to use. Plus the fact that the mediums should last a very, very long time. So, here are my questions...

1. What do you absolutely love about them?

2. What do you not like about them?

3. Do you need more inserts than actual FB's?

4. Should I just make my own inserts? It seems like it would be easey enough.

5. If you make your own inserts, what fabric do you use? Do you use a different fabric for daytime and nighttime?

6. Do you use two inserts at night or just one?

7. What do you wash your FB's in?

8. What do you use inside your "diaper pail"? Just a cloth bag that you can wash with the FB's? Anything else?

9. Any other "accessories" I should think about when just starting?

Thanks ladies - I REALLY want to make the jump to CD's. I'm so tired of spending $$ on disposables and harming the environment all at the same time!

edited to add more ?'s!

Blue Savannah
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I'll answer what I can!

1. They are SO EASY to use!!! They fit comfortably, they are adorable!

2. You have to find your washing groove. Improper washing can result in leaking diapers. No fun!

3. I bought mine before they came with inserts. I use two hemparoos in the day, and two hemparoos and a microfiber liner at night.

7. Planet Ultra--I do a cold rinse, hot wash w/detergent and two warm rinses

8. Nothing

9. A wet bag to use while you're out!

I think you'll really love them. I've never been sorry I bought mine.

tree_hugger
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Great fit, easy to use, excellent quality.

Nothing.

I have the same number of inserts that I do nappies.

You could easily make your own from hemp, microfibre or bamboo. My inserts are rectangle shaped.

5. If you make your own inserts, what fabric do you use? Do you use a different fabric for daytime and nighttime?

See above.

I don't use FBs at night. I don't feel PUL is breathable enough. I use Dry Bees pockets stuffed with hemp and microfibre.

I just plop any poop in the toilet, and wash them on a normal cycle with about half my regular washing powder.

8. What do you use inside your "diaper pail"? Just a cloth bag that you can wash with the FB's? Anything else?

No bag or anything. I just put them straight in the bucket.

I like to have a cute wetbag for when we are out and about, but its not neccessary.

The mediums are great, Joshua started wearing them at about 5 months, and they still fit him now at 19 months.

:heart HTH.

Twiceblessed
10-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I realy really dislike fuzzi bunz, I have somewhat hard water, and fuzzibunz get buildup like crazy, thats true for all polyester, so my recomendation is check them out first before you buy a lot, because mine did not work well for very long and they have been drama since. That aisde they are super cute, and easy in all other ways. good luck! :smile

expatmom
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM

They are trim fitting compared to other CDs for under clothes. It is easy to get a perfect fit each time because you know which snaps to use. They are easy to care for. They are absorbant.

I think they are made in China. I had one medium that was significantly smaller, so measure each one up against another when you buy them.

I have extras but hardly ever use them. I prefer to change more often during the day rather then stuff for a huge balloon butt. We haven't found a good nighttime CD so we use disposables at night.

The easiest inserts to make is to go to Walmart or Costco & buy their microfibre cloths in the auto section. You don't even need to sew them, just fold them & insert.

We've tried hemp, but I'm not sure it is any better then microfibre. We tried everything for nighttime, but have ended up with disposables so we all get better sleeps.

We used to use two.

We don't have the same soap as you do there so I can't help with this one.

I use a hanging drawstring bag on the back of the door. I wash it with the diapers at the same time.

Cloth wipes are really easy to make & much gentler on the baby's behind. Just buy some flannel & cut into rectangles. I've also sewn flannel to those cheap white faceclothes from Ikea, cut in half, for a more substantial wipe.

Amber
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Easy to use. Very daddy friendly.

They tend to gap around Cole's legs, I guess his legs are on the skinny side. So if his poo is runny, or he is sitting funny when he pees they will sometimes leak. Before I got my new washing machine they tended to get a bit stinky so I had to strip them every couple of months, but that problem has gotten a lot better with my new washing machine. :shifty

no

I really like the cotton babies inserts. They are microfiber and really absorbant.

I haven't had good luck with them at night :shifty

My fav detergent is Country Save

I like the large waterproof wet bags, and I just throw it in with the dipes

Definatly get a toilet sprayer to help wash off the toddler poo

[/quote]

Soliloquy
10-09-2007, 12:06 AM
1. What do you absolutely love about them? They are trim and super easy to use. They dry really quickly. There's no velcro. Babies can't take them off themselves until they're old enough that it's OK.

2. What do you not like about them? Because they're polyester, they can get stinky after awhile. This is easy to fix by hanging on the clothes line for a few hours. They don't last as long as CPFs. They last for 2-3 kids.

3. Do you need more inserts than actual FB's? You'll need a few extra for overnight.

4. Should I just make my own inserts? It seems like it would be easey enough. Inserts are free if you buy from www.cottonbabies.com They are easy to make, though. You just buy microfiber towels from the automotive section of Target, Wal-Mart, or Costo/Sam's Club. You don't even have to sew them if you don't want to, just fold them to fit. You might want some hemp for overnight, though. Hemp + microfiber is great for overnight.

5. If you make your own inserts, what fabric do you use? Do you use a different fabric for daytime and nighttime? oops, answered that in #4

6. Do you use two inserts at night or just one? At night I use 2

7. What do you wash your FB's in? Charlie's Soap. It's reasonable and effective. We use it for all our laundry. :tu Highly recommend its. www.charliesoap.com I do a cold wash w/ no detergent, then a hot wash w/ detergent. I dry mine in the dryer or on the clothes line.

8. What do you use inside your "diaper pail"? Just a cloth bag that you can wash with the FB's? Anything else? I don't use anything to line my diaper pail. If the diaper is poopy, I fold it over so nothing touches the pail. I rinse it out each time I wash and let it air dry.

9. Any other "accessories" I should think about when just starting? Hmm, can't think of anything. Oh, and unless your DS is really petite, at 10 months I'd go with medium for daytime and large at night. The mediums might not hold all the inserts you need for overnight. I'd also buy some used to get started and see if you like them. Oh, you might want a toilet sprayer. I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it.

TestifyToLove
10-09-2007, 06:33 AM
By 9 months, L had outgrown the mediums. They absolutely would NOT snap around her thighs any longer. Now at 11.5 months, she's fully into the Large. I actually prefer side snapping pockets. But, DH is still a diehard FB fan and since he is the primary user of the pockets, his desires are higher priority than mine.

All of my children spent a really long time in the larges but not the mediums. I've never found medium diapers to be long fitting for us, no matter what brand they were.

expatmom
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Sizing is really unique to the child. Try to see if there is someone local where you can trial a few different diapers before making a big purchase.

My dd is 16 months & still solidly in mediums. She is average size (?23ish lbs). I can forsee her staying in mediums until she is done with diapers.

tree_hugger
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
By 9 months, L had outgrown the mediums. They absolutely would NOT snap around her thighs any longer. Now at 11.5 months, she's fully into the Large. I actually prefer side snapping pockets.

Yup, side snaps are way better for chubby-thighed babies. :)

My babies are long and skinny, which is why the medium has fit him for so long.

:heart

Firebird Rising
10-09-2007, 10:01 PM
They are SO stinkin' cute. I LOVE the solid colors. They are really easy to use. Even DH can figure out putting an insert in them. I love snaps a hundred times more than velcro so I really appreciate that aspect too...

Two things. First of all, the snaps are SO strong sometimes, I feel the fibers around the snap seperating a bit when I try to unsnap them. Second, the sizing for the larges does not work for my son at all. Unfortunately, I bought a bunch of larges before I realized that. DS is 20 mths, 28 lbs and somewhat slender. Everything leaks out the leg-holes. I am going to start buying the toddler petites (I think that's what they're called) because I've heard that they are the same leg-hole size as mediums (which fit DS GREAT) and just have a longer rise.

We don't have any inserts that are pre-made We are using microfiber from Costco. We just fold it in thirds and stuff it in. I have also bought a huge stack of white washclothes from costco (the hotel pack) and I fold those in half and use two of them.

Yup, that's what I do...

Specified above.

I use whatever works for DS which is either the microfiber or a couple washclothes.

Rinse cycle on cold, then wash in hot cycle, just using costco detergent (we have a water softener)

Um, it's a bucket from home depot and sometimes when it stinks, I rinse it and coat it with a dusting of baking soda. When I'm out, I just bring a plastic grocery bag and stash the dirty diapers in there, throwing it away when I'm done.

Nope.