PDA

View Full Version : why are they leaking??

klpmommy
10-08-2007, 12:02 PM
my prefolds & fitteds are working great w/ a cover, but I put a bumgenius on S today & when she peed she might as well not been wearing anything- the pee literally poured out on the floor & the diaper was barely wet. Now she is in an aio & it is all wet on the outside. :scratch any clue what the problem is?

inesperada
10-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Are they the one size? That happened once with Mr. H. when the diaper was too big and gaping at the legs. :think :scratch

klpmommy
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
the bumgenius is a one size, but the aio is a small.

blessedwithboys
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
IME AIO's are kind of like that. I've had some wicking issues, even with brand new ones. :shrug Other people love them. I'm a pocket fan. I bet the BG OS was gapping around the legs. Is it new? Could it have buildup in the suedecloth inner?

klpmommy
10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
the bg is a used one from purplebutterfly & it probably was gaping around the leg- that makes sense. Even though S is 9ish lbs that is a big ol' diaper for her tiny body. I can probably try to strip the BG, but I think that instead I will wait until she gets a little bigger & try it again.

blessedwithboys
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
The other thing you can do is stuff it with some small microfiber towels or a washcloth instead of the big OS insert. I :heart the OS insert, but it can cause legs to gap when they would otherwise fit. I'd try that before giving up entirely. :yes

TuneMyHeart
10-08-2007, 12:44 PM
bG pockets leak for Ellie. She's just so skinny that they don't fit around her legs.

Amber
10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I would try the BG again in a couple of weeks. Kyle was a chunky 10# at birth and the BG fit him okay at that point...but we always had leaking issues with them :bag

abbzchld
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not a fan of the BG one size until babes are around 12 lbs. After that...I adore them...favorite diaper. But I don't think many one-size pockets really fit a newbie.