PDA

View Full Version : Have you used Mother-Ease AIO One-Size CD?

twinmommy
10-08-2007, 05:09 AM
This is another CD I was planning on trying and possibly making my main diaper. Has anyone used it and what do you think? DH and I would really like to use CD, but we don't want to go with CPFs and covers. We'd really like to go with AIOs. The one-size seems like a less costly solution, as CDs can get quite costly. Otherwise, we may get frustrated and just go with disposables, which we figure would be more convenient. Thanks in advance for your help :smile.

illinoismommy
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I haven't tried this one. You're going to have two, I totally understand wanting simple :yes .... maybe you could buy one of 3 or 4 different kinds and then try them while also using disposables, then you can pick your fav and order a few months in? Since these are your first babies it will take your energy and focus to learn to breastfeed times two!! There's nothing wrong with starting late. That's my opinion anyway! :hug2 I will say we love Fuzzi bunz!!

schmamy
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
There's nothing wrong with starting late. That's my opinion anyway! :hug2

:yes we didn't start CDing until DS was six weeks old. PP life was overwhelming enough for me as it was, without the added complication! I will say that when we first put a CD on him, I was like, "oh I totally hate this--disposables were SOO much more convenient/easier"--but we had to give it a good honest try b/c I spent so much $$ on a stash. And you know, after two weeks it is not a big deal at all. :shrug

I would think that one-size dipes are not going to fit at birth anyway--especially since twins are usually on the small side. That's another reason we didn't CD right away--I didn't want to pay for a bunch of newborn-sized dipes that would fit for such a short time. We just started with size small. And the bulk definitely takes some getting used to after using disposables. I found the smalls to be incredibly bulky at first on my 10-11 lb baby, can't imagine what a one-size dipe would look like!

I haven't personally tried MEOS, but a friend of mine uses them exclusively and really likes them. I was going to try them but just haven't ordered any yet. I didn't know they made an AIO, though--I thought theirs were all fitteds with covers.

ArmsOfLove
10-08-2007, 04:35 PM
yes, and loved them :rockon

I'd order to sample pack and try them, though, because I'm having a hard time with one twin refusing cloth dips :shifty

twinmommy
10-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

After a lot of thought, we decided to go with CPF's and bummis with snaps for the main stash and a few of the AIOs (and disposables) for outings. We also have a Kissaluv and a Happy Heinys pocket to try. We figure we can always add more to the stash later if we wanted. Thank you for the input :heart. It really did help us make a decision. We were feeling overwhelmed by all of the CD choices.

Pamela

illinoismommy
10-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

After a lot of thought, we decided to go with CPF's and bummis with snaps for the main stash and a few of the AIOs (and disposables) for outings. We also have a Kissaluv and a Happy Heinys pocket to try. We figure we can always add more to the stash later if we wanted. Thank you for the input :heart. It really did help us make a decision. We were feeling overwhelmed by all of the CD choices.

Pamela

*subliminal mesage* fuzzi bunz fuzzi bunz

;)

schmamy
10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

Pamela

I know exactly what you mean about feeling overwhelmed! What you decided sounds a lot like what we did--CPFs and BSWWs mainly, with a few other things to try. It's working out well for us so far--the PFs aren't too bad and DH even likes them! Hope it works out for you.

twinmommy
10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Pamela

*subliminal mesage* fuzzi bunz fuzzi bunz

:haha We have looked into them for later....

;)