PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Kushies AIOs?

twinmommy
10-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

I do not personally know anyone who cloth diapers, so I wanted to ask all of you what about Kushies All-in-Ones. DH and I have pretty much settled on the All-In-One CD, Kushies brand, which is carried in Walmart and a few other places online. Does anyone use these and do you like them? TIA!

TuneMyHeart
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't recommend them. They leaked for us and and there are much better options out there. If you're trying to save money, chinese prefolds and covers (I love Bummis SWW) work much better than Kushies AIO's.

illinoismommy
10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
They don't hold very much pee and are not nearly as good as Fuzzi Bunz, my husband agrees. You will be disappointed if it is your first cloth diaper :hugheart

Firebird Rising
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I think as a first experience with cloth diapers, a Kushie diaper is a disappointment. They are less expensive, but I really did not like them and their resale value is nill, even if you take care of them. If you spend $14 on a fuzzi bun (get it for that price through the seconds outlet online) you can still sell it for 7-8 bucks if you want to re-coup money. If money is an issue, I would take pre-folds and bummis super whisper wraps (with snaps) a hundred times over Kushies.

That being said, I think the most frustrating thing about cloth diapers is ALL of the options. I have never used any other all-in-ones besides Kushies so I can't recommend any others, but fuzzi buns were super easy to use and really really cute as well.

Feel free to pm me about diapers if you ever need to.

Good luck with your decisions. Cloth-diapering has been so fun for us.

Jen D.

twinmommy
10-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

After a lot of thought, we decided to go with CPF's and bummis with snaps for the main stash and a few of the AIOs (and disposables) for outings. We also have a Kissaluv and a Happy Heinys pocket to try. We figure we can always add more to the stash later if we wanted. Thank you for the input :heart. It really did help us make a decision. We were feeling overwhelmed by all of the CD choices.

Pamela

2sunshines
10-10-2007, 07:56 AM
The cd choices can be overwhelming. There are so many options.

I'm glad you found a system that you are happy with. Feel free to ask any questions here. There are tons of very experienced cd moms who are more than happy to answer your questions and share their experiences.

schmamy
10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
They don't hold very much pee and are not nearly as good as Fuzzi Bunz, my husband agrees. You will be disappointed if it is your first cloth diaper :hugheart

Janet, you crack me up, you are such the FB evangelist :giggle

Katigre
10-10-2007, 08:03 AM
I would never, ever use Kushies AIO for a newborn - you will get leaks all over the place.

I have some Kushies AIO's that I use with DS sometimes (we are a prefolds+cover family for the most part) and they are adequate for our needs: they were inexpensive (i got 7 used for $30, can't beat that!) and they don't leak for us.

They are kind of bulky and the design isn't the greatest - if you were to compare them to a Bumgenius AIO it would be like comparing a dried up raisin with a fresh, juicy grape. But what I needed was a quick and easy diaper to use when traveling or for relatives babysitting that wouldn't leak and wasn't too much $$ - Kushies fit the bill for us.

I would only recommend them for an older infant though and not as a primary diaper - they're not sturdy enough or well-made enough to rely on full-time.

illinoismommy
10-10-2007, 08:07 AM

Janet, you crack me up, you are such the FB evangelist :giggle

:shifty Well we did actually buy some of these about 4 months ago and they are really not that good.

Katigre
10-10-2007, 08:09 AM
My DS leaked out of every pocket we used, including FB and BG (i think he pees too fast for it all to soak through the fleece into the insert) but he doesn't leak out of Kushies.

I am one of the rare CD'ers who hate pockets though :shifty.

2sunshines
10-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I am one of the rare CD'ers who hate pockets though

I don't hate pockets, per say, but I don't use them. They are probably my least fave system. :yes That said from a former pocket lover. :giggle

illinoismommy
10-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I like all in ones and if I could afford it I would buy the new Imse Vimse all in one :heart .... but these are very thin and don't hold much, but my chief complaint is that the laundry hooks come undone and every bit of velcro gets stuck on everything else and then they come out of the washer in one big piece :mad