PDA

View Full Version : I hate velcro! How do I keep it on her, when she tears them off?

Gentle Journey
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I love BG's! LOVE BG'S!!!!! However, I can't use them anymore cause DD2 just pulls her pants down, then off comes her diapers and naked giggly baby running through the house. I can't keep them on her. I need to buy a stash for the new baby as my smallest are M's and I only have a couple BG's. But I'm not shellibng out the dough if she can only where them less than a year.

Any ideas on how to keep them on? Tape just seems like it would wreck the fabric.

I've harrassed the owner enough. I really want her to come out with a snap option or soemthing.

Close2MyHeart
10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
What about putting some toddler onsies on her?

Gentle Journey
10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
What about putting some toddler onsies on her?

:think You are a genious! Hopefully by the time our next gets around to pulling them off, s/he wont be too warm in a onesie. I did result this this summer to one piece outfits as well, but I only have a couple. And less for boys.

TestifyToLove
10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Onsies or one piece outfits

Turn the diaper around so the velcro is behind her.

Switch to snaps only (the option I took for many reasons).

singbanshee
10-06-2007, 11:34 AM
what Testify said :yes I've got a streaker too and I just keep him in wool or snaps. Hopefully he won' figure snaps out :pray4

mellymommy
10-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I had to switch my ds to snaps around 16 months. He would call to me from down the hall, "Mama!" and then he would pull the velcro, down would drop the diaper and off he would run giggling. Boy, oh boy was he cute, but I got sick of cleaning up pee!!!

allisonintx
10-06-2007, 02:43 PM
if she's really ingenious you'll need to put the onesie on backward, so the snaps are on her bottom rather than her crotch.

milkmommy
10-06-2007, 02:45 PM
mine ripped of front snaps faster than velcro :giggle but side snaps helped like she never figured out the ME air flow covers.

Naked Camper
10-06-2007, 02:45 PM
DS has to wear shorts if he starts to take his diaper off. :shrug

milkmommy
10-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Clothing never really helped :shrug I once watched my then umm 16 month old wriggle her arm into a footed sleeped put on backwards do so houduni inspired magic and removed her fuzzi bunz diaper from under the jammies and the onsie she had on. :giggle I started pinning or her diapers and suing the side snap or pull on covers at this stage.

Naked Camper
10-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Clothing never really helped :shrug I once watched my then umm 16 month old wriggle her arm into a footed sleeped put on backwards do so houduni inspired magic and removed her fuzzi bunz diaper from under the jammies and the onsie she had on. :giggle I started pinning or her diapers and suing the side snap or pull on covers at this stage.
:phew Cecilia never ceases to amaze me :giggle

Gentle Journey
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
DS has to wear shorts if he starts to take his diaper off. :shrug

She just takes her pants or shorts off, lol.