PDA

View Full Version : Pillows

Niphredil
09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Now that we've expanded our family bed we are co-sleeping full time and loooving it! :rockon Never looking back.

DH and I each have one pillow and there is a space between so Nora doesn't get all up in them & such. Well whenever I go into check on her she has ootched her little swaddled body (I seriously don't know how she manages :scratch) So that she can snuggle the side of her head into one of our pillows.

As logic would follow, I'd guess if she can get to the pillows she can get away from them. But she's still in the SIDS range at just 5 months, so should we be taking extra efforts to avoid them? We have very soft pillows, maybe we should get a smaller, firm more cushion like pillow for her to snuggle against instead?

herbalwriter
10-02-2007, 01:20 PM
To play it safe, I would maybe remove the pillows and put them down just before you and dh go to bed. ;)

And good for you for doing the family bed thing! :clap

erh384
10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe a tightly rolled "stadium blanket" on either side of her when you guys aren't in bed?

Isn't cosleeping great?!

mybodymyself
10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
:popcorn

2sunshines
10-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Are you just concerned about her doing this when she's in there alone or at night when you guys are sleeping with her? If it's just when she's alone can you just remove the pillows?

Niphredil
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, it was when she was alone. We're finding now that we can't keep her out of much of anything anymore. Pillows have become the least of our concerns. ;)

She's getting so mobile that we're finding her all over - "stuck" beside the dresser, pulling up on the changing table, having a heyday in a pile of laundry. All of this in silence, mind. When she gets stuck she wails to be let free, but aside from that I have no idea. Who knew one so little could get into so much trouble the 15 minutes between checks. :giggle

2sunshines
10-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Aw, I hadn't noticed this was a bumped older thread... a few weeks is a LONG time with a babe. :giggle

chelsea
11-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I would take as many precautions as possible (moving pillows farther away, etc), but maybe she's just going to be a real snuggler! :giggle
BTW, she is SO precious! I love your avatar pic of her! And she has beautiful hair! I didn't have that much hair until I was five YEARS old! :lol

musicmama
11-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Sophia's slept with a pillow in her crib since birth :shifty Well, in her bed, or our bed and now in her crib. She was refluxy so we had her propped and just left it there. We stopped swaddling her around 6mos and since then she's always snuggled into it. Now she even snuggles into the side of her bumper. It's like she likes to have her face smashed against something? :giggle

They get in trouble faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.