PDA

View Full Version : fav fitted, snap "one size" dipe

lumpofclay
09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm looking for recommendations for a specific type of diaper. My step-sister has decided to cloth diaper her baby (due in Nov), so I'm trying to help her find a good brand. I know she wants a one size, so she doesn't have to get more (larger) later. She also likes snaps over velcro. My mom is buying the stash, so my mom is interested in keeping costs low! :) Plus, I just know that easiest is best, so I suggested fitted over pocket. (I find pockets messy.) So any recommendations? :heart

2sunshines
09-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't have any experience with one-size snap diapers but I know there are definitely some out there so a bump for you.

How about prefolds? Cost is low, and although there is a learning curve involved, once you get it down, they are definitely the easiest by far to care for. And although not one size, you can usually go from infant to potty training in two sizes (infant and premium)

blessedwithboys
09-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Another vote for pf's (2sunshines- don't rub it in!)! I was really scared of them and used my giant pf stash as burp rags only up until now. I've got a giant pocket stash that I adore, but since learning to use pf's I realize I could've done it! I've been using them part time and pockets the rest of the time. I definately prefer my pf to my fitteds (and I've had a few super nice fitteds) now that I've made it over that learning curve.

Moon
09-27-2007, 07:35 AM
The only one-size we found that really was a good one-size was a pricier wahm brand (Muttaqin Baby). You might consider a lump of prefolds and covers for size small, then move into one-size stuff. Most OS don't fit well til then.

Motherease are fairly cheap? I haven't personally used them, but lots of people like them.

MarynMunchkins
09-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I have Little Lambs. I know a lot of people don't like them, but they've worked well for us. :tu

I bought mine new off of ebay for cheap. They're strange, mismatched colors, but I didn't buy them to show off, so...:shrug

Moon
09-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm pretty sure Little Lambs went out of business.

lumpofclay
09-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the replies thus far. :)

I'm leaning towards recommending Mother-Ease. We used the same stash for 6 years (through three children total) before they started showing signs of wear. I thought they worked great for even our littles, but we did wait till they were around 2-3 months to switch to the ME. (used prefolds till then)

Cost-wise I would recommend PFs to my step-sister, but I honestly can't see her sticking with pre-folds.

(BTW, eBay is not allowing the sale of used cloth diapers anymore. Just FYI.)

inesperada
09-28-2007, 09:58 PM
There are some getting through at ebay, but if she's okay with used you can get them at diaperswappers typically pretty cheap.

LadybugSam
09-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Sammies one size diapers, i got mine at thebabymarketplace.com I really liked them. They're super soft and absorbant :)

milkmommy
09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
I love our tiny tush ones size there orginal onesize no the new trim (which might be great just never tried them) I'm alos a prefold lover.

Happygrl
09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
The Haute Pockets by Montana Diapers can often be found for 1/2 price ($7.50) in their outlet stores. We haven't used them (DD taught herself to use the potty between the time I ordered them and when I received them!!) but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

LeeDee
10-03-2007, 08:57 PM
We're usng Kissaluvs size one. It says 10-25lb
We used them since Zoe was about 2 weeks old (she was 8lb12 oz at birth) and they worked great. She's still in them at 7 months, and looks like she still has nice room for growth. Your sister could always sell the stash when the baby outgrows them and use some money towards a bigger size..? 25lb lasts a nice amount of time though.

hink4687
10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Little Lambs went out of business.

Ah that's sad. We used little lambs too and they were wonderful. I loved that they continued to fit him as he grew and I was able to buy 20 of them for $80 so I got an amazing deal!

abbzchld
10-03-2007, 09:31 PM
My vote would be for growing green one size. I put one on a 7 lb'er and a toddler a couple weeks ago just to make sure it truly was a one-size. Passed the test. http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/growinggreens.htm

Edited: found link with better pics