PDA

View Full Version : Aristocrats - leak proof?

BearyBlessed
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I have heard that the Aristocrats soaker is bulletproof or nighttime, so what am I doing wrong?

I just lanolized it a couple days ago. I have used it twice at night now where it has gotten so wet that Punkin's clothes are damp. Is that supposed to happen? Do I just not have a good enough diaper on? (I'm experimenting with that right now.) Did I not lanolize well enough? I used a pea sized dollop of Lansinoh and let it soak for at least a half hour. I got a little busy and forgot about it.

2sunshines
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Wool will have compression leaks if something else is sitting right against it and there is pressure (like the weight of a baby). :shrug When I use wool at night I only put a shirt over it, nothing touching the wool and we've never had a leak.

Though I have used a sleeper over my wool cover and I haven't had a problem.

What are you putting over top of it? Is it something loose or tight? And can you do something alternatively so that you don't have to put something over top of the actual wool? (baby legs, etc.)

Moon
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
If it's brand new I'd lanolize again, using a bit more than that. I used about an inch of Lasinoh when I washed that way. Also, no wool can make up for a lack of absorbancy underneath. :-)

BearyBlessed
09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
It's not brand new, I've lanolized it probably 4 times now. I will use more next time, though.

He usually wears a onesie or sleeper to bed.

I know at least one of the dipes I had on him was not nighttime material. Like I said, I'm trying to find a good one. That's most likely the main problem.