PDA

View Full Version : What Helps? Family Sleep Question

AmyDoll
09-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Currently Nicholas is teething - so I put him to bed at 7ish and he wakes up every 2 hours. I nurse him & put him back in his crib until I'm in my bed. So 7pm - crib, 9ish - crib, 11ish, crib, 2a - bed with me, 4a, 6a, up sometime between 7 & 8a

The thing is - Sam usually wakes up around 2ish and come in our bed too - So our queen size bed has 4 across! I'm sooo tired - the 2 hour stretches are killing me.

Is there any way I can encourage Nicholas to sleep longer stretches? Would a King size bed improve sleep? When dh was out of town the boys both slept on *my* pillow - so the having more space didn't seem to help much.

Six Little Feet
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
:nak

[[amy]] a king size bed is great yes they still migrate to me but i can push slide them over a bit. afa the night time nursing i can't really help other than suggest dh sleep with him a few nights so you are not there. are you wanting to night wean? i know thayt jay gordon has a plan for it.... i can find the link if you would like

night waking is not fun..... :hug2

AmyDoll
09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Nah - I'm not looking to night wean. He's too little. I'm going to try to wait till he has all of his teeth to night wean. I'd just like to get a little more sleep :yawn

MarynMunchkins
09-18-2007, 07:01 PM
We're doing a nightly dose of Motrin until molars are in. :O It gets me 4-5 hours. :tu