PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Jenny
09-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm going to start babysitting a newborn in October; he'll be around 2 months old. I know the parents are using disposables but I've read about CDing on here and I'd like to try it while he's with me. It'll save them money on sposies, and I'll feel better because I'm not throwing away a bunch of diapers every day.

So I've been reading up on it and I'm trying to figure out how many I'll need. I'd prefer to use either prefolds or fitted, with covers of course. ;) I'm just not sure how many diapers and covers I'll need. He'll be with me 5 days a week, and about 8-9 hours a day. :think I can't remember how often diaper changes happen at that age; ds is 5, so it's been a while!

BeckaBlue
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
first off, ask the parent about it...it might not seem like it would be an issue, but some people really find issue with cloth :shrug i watched a lil boy early this yr and his mom was that way.
haven't cd'd a baby so young yet, but id go with enough for every 1.5-2hrs changing, enough to last 2-3 days (and 4-6 covers should do just fine)

Jenny
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes, I'll definitely talk to the parents about it first. :yes

Thanks!