PDA

View Full Version : Lookee what I got!

TestifyToLove
08-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I figured what the heck. I had Paypal funds. And, I've never tried BFL yarn yet. I hear its the absolute best for woolies. So, I figured I'd give it a try. I wanted something fallish, but I'm super picky. She was stocking a color she called Pumpkin Spice and Everything nice. It was gorgeous but too boyish for my tastes. This one seemed nice and girlie but also fallish.

Now, who do I get to blame around here for convincing me to try wool again????????

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=87772&vid=67

I should mention, I actually have a huge ball of
http://beemerknits.com/fpdb/images/Amy_Lynne_light_worsted_Merino_revised.JPG

Its been sitting on the yarn basket for over a month because I don't have trim and don't know what to do with it without trim to match. It was sold from someone who stalked it and never used it. She sold it to me as 1-ply and just today I checked and its SO not 1-ply wool. Don't know what it is, but its 4-ply. Boy, I got it for a steal cause the seller thought it was 1-ply!

Definitely got to figure out what to DO with this stuff now!

Close2MyHeart
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
:tu I hope you have fun w/ it. I haven't dared to try wool. :shifty

Iarwain
08-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Ooooh! I was seriously considering buying a BFL last year when I got my ram. I wanted a little BFL wether to be his buddy so I'd have a little more variety of types of wool to work with. Instead I opted to get another Icelandic from the same farm to minimize the risks of disease, (boring but practical). I still really, really want some BFL wool to spin just to see what it's like!

klpmommy
08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
those are both so pretty!!! I can't wait to see what you make from them!!

Grover
09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
im jealous :yes

TestifyToLove
09-01-2007, 11:11 AM
So if you want fatfishes, you can buy some yarn from the US, have it shipped directly to me. I can make you some woolies and charge you actual shipping to England, nothing more. Of course, even then I don't think you could put Stanley in *this* yarn--way too girly for him. But, I can ammend a purewool OR peace fleece co-op order still to add some yarn for you if you want!

2sunshines
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Oooh, I love that brown wool. I can't wait to see what you knit up. I'm sure it will be gorgeous.