PDA

View Full Version : What to do when inserts are too long?

Rea T
08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
OK, so I just got a sampler set of 5 different pocket diapers, plus 5 different inserts (well, 6 because the sample set didn't include one that I wanted to try so I ordered it separately). Everything is a large. But some of the inserts are HUGE. As in, longer than the pocket. What do I do? Fold them over a bit in front, in back, or somewhere in the middle? Or let it stick up out of the back?

Soliloquy
08-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Just making sure I understand everything, you ordered large pockets but the inserts still stick out? :scratch That's odd. I've had it stick out on small size, like for a newborn, but never on a large. What pockets are you using?

Also, sometimes the insert sticks out a bit when the pocket is lying flat but when you put it on a child it seems to work its way in.

You don't want microfiber to touch skin, it's irritating. Also, if the insert touches clothing it will wick moisture.

Rea T
08-30-2007, 04:20 AM
yep, all of the pockets are large. I got a sampler of pockets: Happy Heiny, BumGenius, Fuzzi Bunz, Knickernappies and DryBees. Maybe they will work their way in a bit once they are on him like you said. Or maybe they will shrink a bit once I wash them?

blessedwithboys
08-30-2007, 05:18 AM
At least the BG inserts are one size fits all inserts. You snap them down according to the setting you have the diaper set on. I leave the folded part in the front for extra absorbant material. The other inserts should fit though....

Soliloquy
08-30-2007, 06:23 AM
With your bumGenius, did you unsnap the dipe all the way to its largest size? They should fit with some extra room that way . . . If you're using them on a small baby you'll have to snap the insert down to make it smaller, which is too bulky, IMO. I like getting a smaller insert for the little ones.

Rea T
08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
ah-ha! I just looked back at the website and it said they may shrink 1/2-1 inch. I think I'm good to go!

2sunshines
08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
When I stuff my diapers, often there is a little edge showing out the back but when I put the diaper on the baby and it stretches, the insert fits in perfectly, kwim? That might be the case with what you're seeing.

Rea T
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Now that everything is washed they seem better, I think putting them on will take care of the last little bit that is showing.

Thanks. :)

2sunshines
08-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I hope you like your pockets. When you get a chance to try them all, come back and give us a review of what you like and don't like about them. There are always other moms who are looking to try the different types and our reviews help them all. :yes