PDA

View Full Version : Anybody trim their prefolds?

TuneMyHeart
08-29-2007, 06:36 AM
If so, how did you decide how much to cut off? Prefolds would fit Ellie so much better if they were a couple inches shorter. :think

BeckaBlue
08-29-2007, 06:47 AM
i know there was some posts on ds about this...never done it myself though....i think if you were to try it on, fold it down to how short youd want it and just go with that

2sunshines
08-29-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm not talented enough to trim my own prefolds but I did buy some rainbow short premiums from greenmountaindiapers. I totally love them! They are the perfect for us -- they give us the absorbency of a premium without the excess bulk from the fold down.

I could measure the length on those for you if you are interested to give you an idea of what they thought was a good amount to trim off...

Or you could just put yours on your baby, and see how much you generally have to fold down and use that number.

TuneMyHeart
08-29-2007, 07:17 AM
I could measure the length on those for you if you are interested to give you an idea of what they thought was a good amount to trim off...

I would love that!

I'm afraid if I cut them for Ellie, they won't be usable for another baby. I'm afraid to do it myself. :scratch

cybelle1980
08-29-2007, 07:34 AM
If it helps at all, I remember reading once that 16" is the most popular size sold by one of the WAHM's who does trimming. Does that sound right to others?

2sunshines
08-29-2007, 09:27 AM
My prepped rainbow shorts are about 15.5 inches in length.

TuneMyHeart
08-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Thank you, 2 sunshines! Have you been able to use your prefolds a long time, or have they ever been too short?

2sunshines
08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, I just bought these so this is the first baby to go through them. Dd is 11 months and they fit her rise perfectly. :yes I can't speak for the more long term. But they seem like they should last quite a long while.

If you're concerned, you could trim only part of your stash.