PDA

View Full Version : Okay, one more, on private matters....

Munchkingirl
08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
how do you make private moments with hubby? He has slowly gotten more comfortable with the baby in the same room, not so much the same bed. But, what happens if baby won't go to sleep yet and we are strapped for time (i.e. hubby goes to bed earlier than I do). Any creative thoughts would be great. Any way, sorry to throw all these ?'s out and then run, but the kids are crazy for dinner....Thanks, Tara

Soliloquy
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
how old is the baby? Babies don't know what's happening, if you know what I mean. If the baby is old enough to sit in a saucer or bouncy seat, what we do is turn on a Signing Time DVD and let the baby watch that for a short time. I'm okay w/ that for some hubby/wife time! :yes

loveberry
08-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Living room, bathroom... kitchen. :O

Just sneak out after baby is crashed. :)

Herbwifemama
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
When they're newborns, we wait til they're asleep, and just move her over and GIO right there. Older babies, wait til they're asleep, move to the floor. Older still, move to another room while they're asleep. That's where we are right now. You have to make the most of moments you have. :)

Mama Rophe
08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Yup, yup, and yup. We do all of the things already mentioned. You just have to be creative.

Munchkingirl
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
He is 7mo old, so I would say still in the general don't know what is going on age. I know it sounds crazy that i couldn't come up with these simple (yet extremely appreciated ideas), but sometimes I get so wrapped up in the everyday stuff I stop thinking in any functioning manner. We have older ones (the oldest is 11) so being in the other room can get dicy (or could that be a little spicy... :O), but the bouncy/video is great. Obviously this is not a new thing. We know that the Fathers of the Faith in the Bible shared sleeping quarters, so if they can work it out I suppose I can get creative with all our options today. :) Thank you for your thoughts, Tara