PDA

View Full Version : Part Time Cloth Diapering with Twins

raquel
08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Okay. No I'm not pregnant. I'm asking this question because someone in my Breastfeeding support group asked me the other day if she could borrow some of my modern cloth to show a friend of hers who is pregnant with twins and contemplating doing part-time cloth with her babies.

So, what would you give her to look at? I've got pockets, fitteds and prefolds so can show practically everything. What would be the easiest and least time involved to use? I love my pockets but they could be too time consuming for a mum with twins. But the problem with fitteds are that they can take so long to dry and in Australia everyone hangs washing on the line to dry in the sun so I want something that will dry on the line in one day.

What do you all think?

Mama Rophe
08-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I would probley do one of each. They all have thier perks. The prefolds dry easily, but have the biggest learning curve. The fitteds are very easy to use, but take forever to dry. The pockets are simple to use, but take some set up.

Iarwain
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I used fitteds with my twins (and hung them out regularly) and liked them quite well. When they were older I sprang for AIOs simply for the convenience. I'm not a fan of pockets and would never have bothered with assembling them had they been around back then. Before I started washing my own I had diaper service with prefolds and I felt the fitteds were a big improvement *for me* because they were so much faster to change.

ArmsOfLove
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd show her what you have but, tbh, as a mom of twins I'm going for fitteds/aio's because there are SO MANY diapers :shifty