PDA

View Full Version : bamboo

lmgeenw
08-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Tell me about bamboo please. I read it is antibacterial. Are there other advantages? Is it more absorbant than cotton? Are there disadvantages?

TestifyToLove
08-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Super soft and WAY more absorbant than cotton and hemp. I have 2 bamboo diapers, 2 different brands. I ADORE both of the. If Baby Beehinds ever gets their new version to the US market, I will SO be buying more of them!

lmgeenw
08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I noticed that Motherease sells bamboo diapers now, but they are part polyester, which I don't like. I love the way Sandy's fit though.

What ones do you have? Now you really sparked my interest. :)

TestifyToLove
08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a bG fitted, which has polyester in the core and an original Baby Beehinds, which is 70% bamboo and 30% organic cotton. The new BBH have 10% polyester as well. But, the reviews are that they are even softer and more absorbant than the originals.

Honestly, I think bamboo is one of the softest fabrics/yarns out there. I just snatched up ALL the bamboo yarn on a 2/3 off clearance at my local Joanns last Friday, and I didn't have a project for it. I've since decided, after I couldn't stop petting on it and neither could my two sons with sensory issues, that I'm going to make each son with sensory issues a pillow with it. They can sleep with it, or carry it around. It works as well for calming their sensory issues as their baby sister's lambskin rug does!

I LOVE bamboo. I love it in clothing, in yarn, in diapers. Heck, I even have Bamboo floors that I love!

But yes, as a diaper, bamboo is my new absolute favorite. If I didn't think DH would kill me, I'd probably scratch everything I own and go 100% bamboo. I've LOVE to buy 2 dozen bamboo flats and replace my DSQs with them. Might end up caving to that desire at least a bit, though I doubt I'll get rid of the DSQs entirely.