PDA

View Full Version : Stash critque, please! (round two)

Calliope
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
This is what I have so far:

1 doz preemie unbleached indian prefolds
1 doz infant (4x6x4) chinese prefolds
2 doz premium infant (4x8x4) unbleached indian prefolds

4 nb proraps
2 nb bsww
1 xs thirsties

1 s prorap
1 s bsww
2 s thirsties

2 nb Swaddlebees OV fitteds
1 Kissaluvs 0

2 s Fuzzi Bunz

I'm planning on getting one more nb and one more small cover. Any recommendations of what kinds I should try? Also, I'm going to try and bump up my fitted stash to at least 6 dipes. Is that enough to be useful? Also, what AIOs or other pockets would you recommend? Is there a minimum number for them to be useful? I mean, would just one AIO really do anything for me?

Lastly, what kinds of odds and ends do you recommend? I'm going to get a couple of snappis, 2 pail liners, 2 wetbags. How many liners and/or doublers do you think a newbie stash needs?

illinoismommy
08-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I'd get a Snappi and call it done. Until you know what you like its a risk to invest in too much at once. I don't have any wetbags or pail liners and I put two inserts in my pocket diaper and call it a doubler :shrug

klpmommy
08-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Janet- what do you use instead of a wetbag or pail liner?

illinoismommy
08-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I went to the store and bought a cheap plastic trash can with a lid. I throw them directly in there. Then once every so when-i-get-there I take that into the bathtub and bleach it out just to disinfect :)

klpmommy
08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
what do you do for when you are out & about? Just use ziplocks?

cindergretta
08-23-2007, 05:09 PM
We didn't have wetbags for a long time, either. Until then, we used plastic grocery store bags.

I agree with waiting until you are sure what you like. We went in with my sister and bought this huge batch of Bumkins AIOs b/c she loved them. We ended up hating them. :/ And found that we loved Motherease, instead. (The Sandys) My sister also loved the Motherease Air Flow covers. And while we liked them, we found the fitting to be odd and extremely inconsistent. Our skinny babies always had ugly red rings around their thighs. :( We found we preferred Bummis Super Whisper Wraps.

IOW, nothing beats personal experience.

illinoismommy
08-23-2007, 05:55 PM
what do you do for when you are out & about? Just use ziplocks?

No, cheaper, I bought a roll of 4 gallon garbage bags (for like bathroom trash cans) that are even scented cutely and they last forever and ever.... there's like hundreds in there, 300 maybe? The whole roll fits easily into the baby bag. Good also for wet clothing. :)

BearyBlessed
08-23-2007, 07:10 PM
What I did for AIO's and fitteds was got about half a dozen different ones to try out. Same with the covers. It turned out that I didn't care for any of them enough to buy more, so I'm scouting around for different things now :)