PDA

View Full Version : "Saving for the next baby"

musicmama
08-20-2007, 05:52 PM
So, here's my dilemma.

My medium HH's and bG AIO's are thisclose to showing crack. A plumber, she ain't!

Do I save them for the theoretical next baby? They're pink and girly. What if the next baby is a boy.

Let's say the theoretical next baby comes in a year. Something bigger, brighter and better will be along and I know I'll want those because they're trimmer/more absorbant/cuter/whatever.

I think I should sell what I have (which is, I believe 6 or 7 bG AIO's and 6+ HH's) and get larges/one-size/bamboo while I can still get something for them!

Anyone know of a prefold coop going on right now? I have boatloads of infants but only 12 premiums, I need more!

So, what would you do?

abbiroads
08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I would save them because the chance of me being able to afford a whole new stash is slim to none.

musicmama
08-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd only be selling my medium pockets and AIO's, so I'd still have my pf's to fall back on if I couldn't afford ANY more diapers when the 'next baby' comes. I'd just need some small covers.

:think :think

klpmommy
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
not sure- but I would probably save my favorites (b/c you have about a 50/50 chance of another girl, right?) & maybe resell some that I didn't like as much to help fund the next size up.

musicmama
08-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I like them all :giggle

I'm so easy!

TestifyToLove
08-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm debating what to do with my outgrown stash now. In the end, I loaned them to zak for her newborn. I figured by the time they come back, I'll be less emotionally attached and better able to make a decision.

But, we've got LOTS of wear of our mediums left. So, I'm not having to figure out what to do with the mediums yet, just the newborn/small stash.

Amber
08-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Do you have the money now to buy new dipes? If so, I would keep the outgrown stash, but only if you love them. Sell any that you don't absolutely love.

BeckaBlue
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
id sell atleast part of them off :shrug

TuneMyHeart
08-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Sell 'em. You know you'll want the newest and greatest later. Plus, who knows when you'll have another baby?

What is your current stash without the medium fitteds and AIO's? What do you need? Will selling what doesn't fit pay for what you need?

musicmama
08-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I'll have to check my stash, everything's in the wash right now!

The fitteds actually still fit! I think they must be medium longs or something. She even has a snap left, if you can believe it!

I'll update with my stash when the wash is done, then we can brainstorm!

What I'd *like* is more AIO's and some bamboo fitteds.

Moon
08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I only kept my favorites and workhorses from kid to kid. My kids have all come with different body builds, what worked fabulously for one didn't work worth a darn for the next. :shrug

Intended gender of a diaper doesn't bother me, I get prints and colors that makes me smile for my wee ones. My girlie wears pirate diapers, my now 3.5yo boy wore dandelion print diapers.

Prefolds and flats are the only diapers that works fabulous from one kid to the next. Soakers are a little more forgiving than fitteds and AIOs, drawstrings can bring in big waists for slender kids, and hand knits are stretchy for wider kids.

illinoismommy
08-23-2007, 04:14 PM
When I bought mine with David I bought half boy colors and half girl colors :shifty

I reasoned that I could use the blue when we went out and the pink at home .... and we did.... then when pregnant with Maya, not knowing the gender, I heard the price of FBs was about to go up so I quick bought more half girl half boy colors .... and I am saving each for the in theory 3rd baby. I have my newborn and smalls packed away.

I would lose too much money selling them and rebuying them each time .... its cheaper to hold onto them