PDA

View Full Version : vent: i hate sposies!!!

GodChick
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
we use cloth all day and sposies at night because ds sleeps through the night and i have yet to find a cloth dipe that was absorbent enoughWITHOUT being so huge that his legs come up off the bed. I'm thinking that can't be good for the back, or be comnfortable. ( :jawdrop i didn't train him to sleep all night -- he does it naturally. go figure. the first severalk weeks i had to wake him up to nurse. :shrug before you call me lucky, remember my dd2 has night terrors -- and went through a period for over six months when she woke up every 30-90 minutes, all night, every night . . . for months on end. :yawn so i deserve a good sleeper -- har! :lol)

anyway, i've been using a spsoie at night, and i have this to say about them: they are lousy with bf poop. :no2 this morning when i was changing the kids i was in a hurry so i just stuck another sposie on ds. big mistake. it leaked poop everywhere. :mad i should have known better, because every time of the few times i've done that i ended up with a HUGE mess. because while sposies may hold a lot of urine with their chemical-laden innards, bf poop just sits on the surface in a little pool. ever open up a sposie with bf poop in there? it's like the baby is sitting in a little stew. it just does not GO INTO THE DIAPER!!!! :mad cloth dipes are VASTLY superior to sposies when it comes to bf poop. especially cotton ones with no stay dry liner. I hate sposies -- every time we use one i have to clean poop stains out of clothes/blanket/bouncey seat etc.!!

lesson learned: get a cloth dipe back on that baby first thing in the morning!

Mama Rophe
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I can totaly relate. We used sposies on ds#1 until he was 9 months old. I can't begin to tell you the number of disgusting messes I had to clean up.

milkmommy
08-20-2007, 11:14 AM
try putting a cloth diaper cover over the sposie we delt with the same "need" to use a sposie at night the cover prevented the explosive leaks from getting onto the clothing.

Deanna

klpmommy
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I used disposables on two kids & rarely had a blowout. :shrug But I am looking forward to cloth this time around.

Marielle
08-20-2007, 11:18 AM
you may have done it already but have you tried wool over PFs at night? Not just any wool cover but we've had luck with aristocrats (it's a double layer soaker so much better than other knit soakers), sugarpeas or even Bumpy Wool (and these can be agitated in the machine with eucalan).

I understand your rant completely. Hubby and I have taken to packing wool along with disposables for vacations since at night even the disposables tend to not hold up to our super soakers.

and what another poster mentioned could work too, a Prorap cover over the sposie might work.

2sunshines
08-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I agree with using wool at night. I have a few wool soakers that are bulletproof. Aren't the most beautiful things but nothing is coming through them. Dd sleeps all night in them with no leaks ever.

When we started cd'ing this time around I would use a sposie at night and when she pooped in the morning it was always all over the place. :sick I have never had a blow out poop in cloth. :tu :rockon

Marielle
08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
:hunh 2 sunshines your av is pretty freaky. :P~

2sunshines
08-20-2007, 11:33 AM
2 sunshines your av is pretty freaky.

:giggle Yea, I found it and thought it was funny. I will probably change it before I freak out too many people here. :giggle

Marielle
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
nah, I like it, very attention catching

SPKarenO
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
what disposables are you using? i've been using pampers at night, they have like a dry weave, and it sucks most of the bf poop into the diaper. if we have a leak its because there was WAY TOO much and it came up the back - which is why i mostly prefer huggies, because they are tighter across the back and seem to do pretty well with the bf poop too.

and ftr, i cloth diaper during the day, and used disposables at night too.

milkmommy
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM

:giggle Yea, I found it and thought it was funny. I will probably change it before I freak out too many people here. :giggle

FWIW DD thinks it really silly and has been trying to do the side to side eye look thing for the past 5 montues.

Deanna

2sunshines
08-20-2007, 12:17 PM
FWIW DD thinks it really silly and has been trying to do the side to side eye look thing for the past 5 montues.

:lol

GodChick
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM
:tol

yep, funny avi. :lol

i've tried wool, but not aristocrats. when i can afford another wool cover, i'll try one of those. i've got several stacinators and some lana soakers. i like wool during the day because of its breathability in hot weather. but my prob isn't just leaks -- my kids tend to be small, and when i get the dipe absorbent enough, and the soaker on, their little legs are waving up off the bed. :giggle that, and w the kids' eczema i'vehad prob w rashes in cloth all night unless i wake to change -- even w fleece liners. :shrug iirc, deanna, you had a similar prob?

the sposis i have are pampers w that weave on top. but i've had the same prob w huggies. maybe we have extraorinarily ruuny poop! :lol

milkmommy
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes we battled nighttime rashes for years. We also found that shes allergic to wool (really allergic) and sensitive to polly fabrics making pockets and wool covers out. We actually did a lot of weitching to sposies trying to find a cure but she also broke out if in a sposie too long and we got explosive poos. To curb the blowotuts (till she was older) we stuck a nylon pull on cover over the sposie it at least kept the junk off the clothes (overall) It took forever but we finially learned.
by day 100% cloth and as breathable covers as possible we use cotton prefold and 100% cotton nicky wraps or cotton one size and nylon covers. We change often and went coverless a lot. We also had to wipe her at every change just wet wash clothes but any urine left would cause irritations. Oh diapers needed to be very assorbant even though I changed when wet assorbancy was key

By night I'd coat her bum with coconut oil and used a sposie we liked luvs best. and sign of rash Id skip the CNO and lather some rash cream and the sposie shes was fine by morning. SHe needed to stay VERY dry at night but also needed to avoid the friction of sposes in the day.

Deanna

GodChick
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
:yes yep, we have similar issues here, both w dd2 and with ds. we also get rashes if we use sposies exclusively too. :banghead but at least we don't have the additional wool and poly allkergies to contend with so at least we can use poly liners and wool covers. mine are sensitive to the chemicals in sposies, but also get eczema breakouts w any little urine left, so have to change right away when wet, which doesn't happen at night. so we do the same: cloth during the day and sposie at night.

Joy7
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I had the same experience with leaky bm poops and sposies. So annoying! Up the back all the time! I was amazed at how well cloth worked on them! No leaks at all :rockon

illinoismommy
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
we were trying to do dispoables too because maya sleeps through the night too but they would always leak

then i started changing her right before I go to bed (couple hours after her) and theyd still leak some

then i started using two mircrofiber inserts in a fuzzi bunz and she can wear that all night

however, she doesnt eat at night either

illinoismommy
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM

was wondering about that, its totally creepy :O

BeckaBlue
08-20-2007, 03:43 PM
the only sposies that kept niks poo in was huggies supreme :no2
never had an issue after switching to cloth :tu
for abbey we used fuzzibunz w/ a microfiber towel and hemp insert underneath the MFT, otherwise she'd pee out, cause she peed as soon as she woke in the morning, but not during the night, the mft soaked up quick so it could soak into the hemp too